aberdeen-music

who to vote for??

Skacel

Results for 2001 General Election-Aberdeen North

Malcolm Savidge Labour 13' date='157 43.3 -4.6

Alasdair Allan SNP 8,708 28.7 +6.9

Labour have a majority of almost 4500.[/quote']

The boundaries have changed :)

If you look at the local council votes (for the wards that are NOW in aberdeen north) and the Scottish votes you can see that it's a lot closer than that.

You know, now I look like a right twat. Being the naive person I am I just took that statistic on face value. Tbh, SNP are still the only alternative in Aberdeen North - the constituency now includes some of the wards from Aberdeen Central that have had the highest levels of SNP support. And the Lib Dems were nearly 4000 votes behind the SNP basing it on the old statistics for the constituency.

Guest Ancient Mariner

As someone who believes in the labour movement but not the Labour Party, today's news that the great trade unionist Jimmy Reid has joined SNP almost made up my mind. However, the news that West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine (largest NE constituency, lowest population, that's rural for you) has an SSP candidate, HAS made up my mind, if only to encourage the person to continue to fight the good fight