aberdeen-music

libertines

fab

Apologies.. I must be getting old...(see other thread) .... I think the Libertines are utter tripe.... I`ve heard the recent album and i`ve seen be be more uplifted by the sound of paint drying. Each to their own.....

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion or The International Noise Conspiracy all the way.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by fab:

anyone else think these guys are tops? am going to see them in march- cant wait, their crazy live- and just what music needs right now, a bit of crazyness, being locked up in jail- rock and roll! x

the libertines are like a car wreck. i saw them at the king tuts when all the fans invaded the stage and it was absolutely amazing! it was almost like a old sex pistols gig, snarling, dirty and completely unpredictable.

Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

yes, but how many of you came to see them when they played fudgenight? eh? eh? eh?

i was of the impression that everyone who went to that fudge gig hated the libertines?

• 3 months later...
Guest prerogative

seen libertines SEVEN times now, the worst funnily enough was in glasgow, this year when pete made the fans wait a good 25 minutes until he came on stage, but still having a drink with him before hand at bairds (celtic pub next door tae the barrowlands) was grand, then again after, at the aftershow party at the barfly, along with gary and john, four times in london, once in glasgow, and twice in manchester, but i went down tae see babyshambles in leeds a few weeks ago and pete was a mess... he was stumbling all over like a junked up fuck. but we still love him for it right? well i had the pleasure of being present in the same crack house as pete that night, and i've snever seen a man go from such mythery, laughter and pleasurable tae such a down-and-out-state... pete knows my name, and he can even distinguish me from a crowd, he might call me jimmity-jim but he's still a sound guy.

babyshambles aren't up their with the libertines, but i did enjoy pete playing alongside wolfman and thesidekicks in a small cafe bar in cockney land. but whats most important tae remember is this; Heroin never made anyone a better songwriter, and crack will just turn you into an arrogant, paranoid bore.

Guest prerogative

ps; for anyone in london tomorrow (myself included)

Petes first performances since leaving the Priory rehab clinic was: Last night which as far as i know was at the Duke Of Clarence pub at 10, AND he's also playing filthy McNastys, 68 Amwell Street, ECI at 5.00pm. with carl and sam from hope of the states, TONIGHT

but tomorrow he'll be at the mean fiddler, 157 Charing Cross Road, WC2H at 12pm... hopefully see some of ya there!