aberdeen-music

Best Scottish Metal Band.

SabuNation

Rising Records.. hahah...

if youre talking about modern kinda metal like the first post then you'd have to look at MMw and Mendeed as well.

I dont want to criticize your choice with Mendeed but those guys are wankers and not really good at what they do either. They are far from the best band in Scotland, they just sound like any typical local metalcore band, they have nowt on M.M.D. Im just very angry at these guys for the no-show on April 9th in Dundee.. and the way they went about it, completely unprofessional behaviour from a "signed" band

if youre talking about modern kinda metal like the first post then you'd have to look at MMw and Mendeed as well.

I wouldnt call MMW metal. Some cool metal riffs goin on though. Mendeed didnt really impress me when I saw them.

hmm...most of the best metal bands i have seen in scotland do fit into the more hardcore genre of things though and are not really just metal. like In Decades Decline, Allergo. Ok, im gonna say Certain Death

Mendeed were a good bunch of lads when we played with them, cracking band as well. I think Allergo are over-rated, I dont think they've improved that much in the last couple of years. Broken Oath are fucking ace, as are In Decades Decline, although they're both hardly out and out metal.

black sun were ace recently with hey colossus

Last time I saw them was like 2 years ago, when the album had just came out...

Really didn't like it at all...

But might give their record another listen to see if I like it any better....

My musical tastes have evolved in the last few years....

...But Allergo on record? Nothing there!

So what would you call MMW Kirk?

Hmm, ive only heard the first 2 Allergo demos. THey are just demos though. Very rough. I do prefer their earlier stuff when they had those metal riffs goin on (used to remind me of From Autumn to Ashes a bit but without the melodic parts) and the vocalist used to be off the stage climbing up things and jumping off stuff. Still a top band though.

I dont want to put stuff in genres too much cos its a thin line whats metal and whats not...I mean Weapon are quite heavy some of the riffs but I just wouldnt ever really think of Weapon as being metal but I guess to some people it is so hey...I'm not saying its a bad thing