aberdeen-music

Pointless thread? probably.

Guest AmbientMood

Guest AmbientMood

I read today (in the P+j) that Mcdonalds have sold enough burgers to reach the moon and back 10 times. How in the hell can we complain about the colossal weight of out children against that kind of statistic? I propose shutting down Mcdonalds and anything associated with unhealthy eating, only then can anyone ponder why we're so fat.

I tell you, even penguins are laughing at us.

On a side note, why do cars do 71 when the speed limit is 70?

Is it a matter of choice? Break the limit because the means to do so are presented to you, but don't complain if you get fined? Eat burgers; get fat, but don't go making court-cases because you're too damn lazy to excersise?

In that case, should we have choice? All we do is abuse it.

Court cases against McDonalds are funny. Nobody told me that burgers are bad for you! Pfft' date=' are people that stupid![/quote']

That guy that mad that film- Super Size Me. He REALLY pissed me off. Now, don't get me wrong (i fuckin HATE McD's) but he had to have known what he was letting himself in for. You would have to be of George W Bush's mentallity not to realise that nothing but fast food for a month is bad for you!!!

"Oh! You mean this might be causing me some helth problems, doctor? Well I guess I should sue McDonald's. After all, this was done through my own free will... BUT THEY SOLD ME THE FOOD!!!"

I'm sorry but

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU FUCKING MORONIC ARSE HOLE!!!

That guy that mad that film- Super Size Me. He REALLY pissed me off. Now' date=' don't get me wrong (i fuckin HATE McD's) but he had to have known what he was letting himself in for. You would have to be of George W Bush's mentallity not to realise that nothing but fast food for a month is bad for you!!!

"Oh! You mean this might be causing me some helth problems, doctor? Well I guess I should sue McDonald's. After all, this was done through my own free will... BUT THEY SOLD ME THE FOOD!!!"

I'm sorry but

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU FUCKING MORONIC ARSE HOLE!!![/quote']

He sued McDonalds?

I tell you' date=' even penguins are laughing at us.

[/quote']

the penguins are only laughing at us because they know the truth! They are secretly plotting against us, and will take over the world in August 2009! ALL HAIL THE PENGUINS!

I'm to drunk to be awak e right now!

one by one' date=' are they stealing your sanity?[/quote']

yes, but they helped me survive higher business management last year. I still failed the course though, but I did however manage to figure out that everything in the subject had something to do with penguins! Mainly in chocolate biscuit form though.

I smell SHITE!

The Super size meal dude didn't try and sue McDonalds, he even signed a health disclaimer at the start of the month saying he was willing to put his body at risk to show how crap McD's stuff is. He's a documentary film maker who had a great idea that ultimately got him nowhere because the world is choc-full of fat lazy pricks who won't listen until their heart caves in. I don't think even he expected it to do him so much nasty though, fuck he was ill! Have you even seen the film?

I smell SHITE!

The Super size meal dude didn't try and sue McDonalds' date=' he even signed a health disclaimer at the start of the month saying he was willing to put his body at risk to show how crap McD's stuff is. He's a documentary film maker who had a great idea that ultimately got him nowhere because the world is choc-full of fat lazy pricks who won't listen until their heart caves in. I don't think even he expected it to do him so much nasty though, fuck he was ill! Have you even seen the film?[/quote']

You are spot on. Anyone who had actually seen the film would know this. He (Morgan Spurlock) actually explains he was inspired by the two girls who did take McD's to court and used that to as basis to question who is really to blame - weak-willed stupid people or the multi-billion business machine that is the fast food industry. Sure people have a choice he says but the marketing and sheer scale of the fast food business makes it difficult for that choice to be a healthy one. They hook people when they are kids, aggressively marketing to them through toys, cartoons and sponsorships. Have you seen the MacDonalds toys in the shops? Has there ever been a more effective ploy to guilt trip parents than the Happy Meal and the MacDonalds birthday party?

I can remember far back enough to a time when MacDonlads was something of a novelty in the UK - to see how omnipresent it (and by extension the rest of the fast food gang) has become is quite disturbing as we slowly turn into the 51st McState. To paraphrase the late Bill Hicks, it would seem that we now live on the Third Mall from the Sun.

Enjoy your meal!