The Day The World Went Away

Suck

Even Deeper

Wish

Hurt

The Hand That Feeds

Starfuckers Inc

Head Like A Hole

How did the new songs sound? Were they of the same standard of "The Hand That Feeds"' date=' or better? I have misgivings about that song, but it is enjoyable nonetheless.[/quote']

I was kinda glad they didn't play too many of the songs from the new album (simply because I haven't heard many of them yet so I wouldn't be into it so much) but what I did hear did sounds great. The Hand That Feeds sounded much better live than recorded I have to say. The other two songs they played from the new album sounded similair in style to that song but it was really quite hard to take it all in after hearing it just once.

What was more impressive was how they have re-worked some of the old songs in their set. Hurt is now mostly just Trent playing the song on keyboard with the rest of the band gradually coming in during the song - sounded ace. Closer now has part of Kinda I Want To played during the breakdown!

The current band look and play MUCH better together than the band during the Fragility tours did. Maybe it was just because I was three rows from the front rather than up in a balcony as I was in 1999, but the band seemed much tighter this time. The new guitarist (Aaron North?) in particular is quite mental - throws his guitar all over the place like he is in Dillinger Escape Plan or something!

This was definitely a Top 5 gig for me and well worth the long trip. :)

New Tour Setlist As Follows

1. Intro 1:03

2. Love Is Not Enough 3:49

3. You Know What You Are 3:33

4. March Of The Pigs 3:50

5. The Line Begins To Blur 3:52

6. Piggy 4:39

7. Terrible Lie 4:59

8. The Collector 3:34

9. Closer 4:55

10. Home 3:45

11. Burn 4:57

12. Gave Up 4:21

13. With Teeth 6:07

14. Even Deeper 5:49

15. Hurt 4:49

16. Wish 3:44

17. The Hand That Feeds 3:37

18. Starfuckers, Inc. 5:16

19. Head Like A Hole 5:45

March 23rd, 2005

William Saroyan Theatre-Fresno,CA

This is the first set of the full blown tour

I was kinda glad they didn't play too many of the songs from the new album (simply because I haven't heard many of them yet so I wouldn't be into it so much) but what I did hear did sounds great. The Hand That Feeds sounded much better live than recorded I have to say. The other two songs they played from the new album sounded similair in style to that song but it was really quite hard to take it all in after hearing it just once.

What was more impressive was how they have re-worked some of the old songs in their set. Hurt is now mostly just Trent playing the song on keyboard with the rest of the band gradually coming in during the song - sounded ace. Closer now has part of Kinda I Want To played during the breakdown!

The current band look and play MUCH better together than the band during the Fragility tours did. Maybe it was just because I was three rows from the front rather than up in a balcony as I was in 1999' date=' but the band seemed much tighter this time. The new guitarist (Aaron North?) in particular is quite mental - throws his guitar all over the place like he is in Dillinger Escape Plan or something!

This was definitely a Top 5 gig for me and well worth the long trip. :)[/quote']

you whet my appetite for more live NIN. excellent.

outta interest, kerrang has a big interview with trent this week....