aberdeen-music

Judas Priest

Mouse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going down to see the metal gods on Saturday?

I'm going! :rockon:

When Halford supported Maiden in 2000 he threw his shades heroically into the crowd... Mac got them, so I'm really tempted to see take them so that if I meet Halford I can give them back to him :D

And yes, Halford does in fact bat for the Birmingham Gods of Metal Rounders Select XI.

Who's going down to see the metal gods on Saturday?

this is well fucked up

JP were like this fucking comedy metal band that just had the piss taken out of em by even the metal fans in the 80s

now they come back to top up the pension funds by sucking in a whole nu generation of metal kids into a rehash of the lowest qual rock based on the premise that they assume no one actually has bothered to remember how shit they were in the first place

rule one of metal (probably)>

know your Motorhead from your Judas Preist

Tommy Vance would turn in his grave

if he was dead

is he dead ????

Queer Music

Quote: "I'm a real easy guy to get along with, and I don't like confrontation."

Fun Facts:

-- Rob outed himself on MTV's Superrock in 1998.

-- He listens to rap and Mozart in his spare time.

Metal fans might be the last to admit (or know) it, but they've got a gay legend on their hands. Rob Halford, formerly of the metal rock sensation Judas Priest, is not only proudly out, he claims he's always been comfortable about his sexuality and figured everyone around him always knew he was gay. While that might not be the case, Halford has become decidedly more gay-focused these days. After leaving Judas Priest, he started his solo band Fight, inspired by such fellow head-banging wonders as Metallica and Skid Row. He also produced A Small Deadly Space, an album that deals with AIDS.

When asked about his heavily leather attire, Halford claims it's just part of the act. "I was never into that part of gay culture," he says, "but obviously I was aware of it. ... It's the irony of ironies."

ADS BY GOOGLE

Judas Priest interviews

At the risk of losing ALL my scene points, I agree with Betamax - all these bollocks reformations are cash-in crap, and JP and Motley Crue are the worst offenders. Fuck 'em kids - spend yer cash on someone new and relevant, not grandad come to rip you off. And don't get me fucking started on the "Queen" reformation......

What is the big deal about being 'new' and 'relevant'? Why should everyone be a bandwagon-jumping trend-following fool? If I like beasting metal harmonies, guitar solos, and more importantly songs as great as Painkiller then why shouldn't I give Judas Priest my ticket money? I'd sure as fuck rather see them than any of those fucking awful 'relevant' new bands that were on channel 4 all the time during NME awards week...

Sure, their reunion is probably about money. Sure, they may be a bunch of sell outs (let's face it, we've known it for years, Turbo Lover anyone?) But I want to see them, so I don't really care! They'll play some of my favourite tunes, and I'll have a great night, but hey, I guess that's a crime in some people's eyes...

At the risk of losing ALL my scene points' date=' I agree with Betamax - all these bollocks reformations are cash-in crap, and JP and Motley Crue are the worst offenders. Fuck 'em kids - spend yer cash on someone new and relevant, not grandad come to rip you off. And don't get me fucking started on the "Queen" reformation......[/quote']

yus

even when good bands like the Pistols or Motorhead do it it still slaps of cash in, but does also show up the fact that there is something lacking in the current nowness to actually make people interested in dredging up musical sewage (i think everyone agree on that point like)

but saying Judas Preist are any good when the metal fans of the time (when JP where in their prime) regularly bottled the sad cunts offstage for being pop metal shite and looking like the village people is sentimentality gone stupid

they were a shit band in an era when there was a few good metal bands so all this hype is just an attempt to re write history and bring forward their retirement ages

its like saying Jasper Carrot was a legendary comedian just because he actually existed 20 years ago when in reality he was shit at being funny - but Im sure he will be re marketed and remembered as a comedy genius in a distorted version of the truth if theres a few 'best of carrot' DVDs to shift

you fucking mugs

ps actually using the word Betamax loses you 10 scene points :love:

actually the reason there are so many reunions is ....

a) egos need to nursed

b) mortgages need to be paid

c) drug rehab bills also need to be paid

d) it gives the marketing men a wank day cos the kids are quite gullible thinking a lot of these bands are actually any good when in fact most were universally hated first time round aoart from a select few

e) they want to give it one last shot before they either die or get too old

contrary to popular belief there's always heaps of good new stuff around, you just need to shop around a bit more...

but hey if people want to go and worship 50 year olds in spandex and leather churning out songs from 25 years ago there's no harm in that.....

We will listen to and go see who ever the fuck we want don't preach to us about what and what not to listen to

you fucking cunt !

Im not preaching wee man Im laughing at the whole fucking ridiculous concept of a band like JP making a comeback

Id get it, if it was MOTORHEAD or (crosses fingers) IRON MAIDEN cos they actually had some credibility in their time and were respected among their contemparies

but Judas fucking Preist!!!!!!

hehehe :D