Entrance 5.00 Students 4.00

featuring

aMute

East of Insanity

age of wire & string

visuals siv

dj eclectic

aMute (belgium intr-version)

every so often a work of unparalleled beauty and maturity masquerades as a debut. aMute is apparently a new artist but his accomplished and visionary sound has already coined comparisons to some of the greats. aMute is belgian artist jrme deuson. you may have had the pleasure to hear his astonishingly beautiful track, lifted from his wonderful debut album on mitchell akiyamas intr-version imprint, on last months wire magazine cd. deuson operates within the same field of sound as guitar sound-form experimentalists akira rabelais, fennesz, mogwai, GYBE and keith fullerton whitman (all of whom he has opened shows for). imagine the temperamental melodic drone-like work of fennesz, halfway between his cool vibed 'hotel paral.lel' and the warmer waters of 'endless summer' and youre in the right ball-park. were bringing aMute all the way over from belgium for this, his debut gig in the uk... its going to be pretty magical.

www.amute.net

www.intr-version.com

East of Insanity

Although inspired by middle-eastern influenced soundscapes, tonight expect much scary looping, ebowing, screeching and haunting Fripp type sounds designed to make you close your eyes........................and think, thank fxxk its Friday.

age of wire & string

and the icing on the cake comes courtesy of the magnificent age of wire and string. the trio combine live guitar and cello with winding electronics, taking the sensibilities and disciplines of improvisational jazz and sculpting them into a wonderfully textured arrangement reminiscent of the rune grammofon stable; truely lovely stuff.

Another eclectic night of entertainment.

I should be there' date=' after 9ish.

I hear there's a remote chance that Chilli & Graeme might be moshuluing later, as it's Alun's last night??? I'll join you, if it is indeed the case (and if I'm allowed!).[/quote']

I hadn't cajoled them yet, but I will now ;) Oi! Mike and Graeme, and anyone else who's interested, it's my final Chill Out room at Moshulu on the 1st of April - So if you're up for a wee trip along to Moshulu after ::Synergy:: then I'll be there until the wee hours playing music I know you guys will like :)

Guest stuartmaxwell

i have a job interview in glasgow that day. however this is tempting

i am keen to hear EOI

:)

once again the IM guys are bringing great ideas to abdn

This looks pretty amazing' date=' I'll be there.

Gonna dig that Wire CD & I'll give it a blast tonight.[/quote']

yes,that wire domino cd along with THEE MORE SHALLOWS

have been on my playlist constantly. I think this ::synergy::

with be rather special.

We have a little old flyer we are going to distribute @ SHIFT &

we are amazed @ how many top quality events we are putting on

between now & the end of JUNE.

yes' date='that wire domino cd along with THEE MORE SHALLOWS

have been on my playlist constantly. I think this ::synergy::

with be rather special.

We have a little old flyer we are going to distribute @ SHIFT &

we are amazed @ how many top quality events we are putting on

between now & the end of JUNE.[/quote']

http://www.theemoreshallows.com/ has a few MP3s available for download.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i will be coming to this show

and aluns efforts afterwards. i have a job interview in prestwick that day too, could be a celebration :D

i want to hear some DRAT alun :p !how was raveonnettes

i will be coming to this show

and aluns efforts afterwards. i have a job interview in prestwick that day too' date=' could be a celebration :D

i want to hear some DRAT alun :p !how was raveonnettes[/quote']

Rock'n'fuckin'roll, Stuart. Bit muddy sound to start with like, but come the third song it was going brilliantly. The spectral voice of one of The Ronettes about half way through the set was a nice touch.

I'll make a note to pick up my DRAT CDs for Friday!

Alun.

was it the reading rooms??

cool venue' date=' like the forum i thought :)[/quote']

It was indeed the reading rooms, and it was full of drunk indie kids. One of which tried to pick a fight with me and my Chilean friend. I was sober (fucking driver duties), Javier was drunk and struck cocky latino pose. Indie kid scarpered.