aberdeen-music

Ooo, Ooo, CDs!

lil_kazzy

Leaving Through the Window would be my SoCo album of choice.

I have that on mp3 already, but I agree, at first listen to North, Leaving through the window appears to be better.

The box car racer one is awesome though, as is the dashboard one - listened to it on the walk to uni this morning and I'm impressed.

All in all, I'm chuffed with my new music :)

Oh, and just to clarify... the content of my original post may have sounded like a "14 year old newbie" but you should be able to tell by the fact that I can actually punctuate and articulate well that I'm slightly older than that :p

(No offence meant to any 14 year olds on the board!)

Guest tv tanned
It's "aberdeen-music" not "aberdeen-goffs-and-metal-heads-no-emo-kids-allowed"

Interestingly there seems to be a complete lack of mention for many of the other areas of music being played in Aberdeen on these boards.

Jazz

Blues

Scottish traditional

Dance

Rap

Rave

etc.

People seem to exclusively lump aberdeen-music in the 'alternative' category, your post above seems slightly symptomatic of that approach.

I realise you were making a specific point though.

Virgin's pigeon holing put aside, i think they deserve some credit for their music selection. I've recently found a lot of the obscure stuff, which i'd normally have to order from any other aberdeen-based music shop, in there. I think they have a "man on the inside" who is ordering all those "Faust" cds... Wouldn't mind knowing who he is... :gringo:

They've got a good selection' date=' it's just all put in the wrong genres. Of which there are only 2 "pop-alternative".

At least they seem to get it right with the classical stuff etc... have managed to get some good CDs from there... although it's not very big...[/color']

I believe i was fishing out my kraut rock/psychadelia/progressive stuff from the rock 'n' pop section admittedly... Doesn't really make sense, but my music always seems to just get lumped in with the masses.

One day Virgin, and HMV will have a dedicated "Space Rock" section in their shops :rockon:

i love cd buying binges. I just ordered...

Underoath-They're only chasing safety

Dopamine-Auditioning my escape plan

Norma Jean-Bless the martyr and kiss the child

Fall out boy-Take this to your grave

Bloc Party-silent alarm

I could've got more but i thought it was time to stop clicking!