aberdeen-music

Behringer Bass Vamp Pro?.....

Monk Rocker

I ahve heard of both but don't know much about either...check out harmony central for reviews, you'll find it if you type that in on google. Line 6 is a very good company with the leading products so I'd prob. be tempted to go that route...depends how much modelling/effects you need. There's always the Pod and V-Amp for less cash and Korg have a new amp simulator + effects that is little bigger than a tuner...the guitar version got a fab review in the most recent guitarist so I presume the bass one will also be good...why not go check out all your options at a shop...

Basically, my EQ pedal is fucked, and I thought about one of these things mainly as an EQ type of thing. I doubt that R&B or Bruce Millars will have either in stock to try out, and I really want the rack mounts for a bit more ruggedness.

My concern is that the Behringer seems to be too much box for too little money, and was wondering where the trade off was?.....

Hmmm alot of Behringer stuff is quite cheap. Check online reviews on that harmony central site as it is people who own the products who do it. My instinct is to get the line 6 as they are used by many pro's but I don't know enough about the Behringer to say anything about it.

[EDIT] Whatever you decide let me know how it is because I have always been curious about getting one though I don't know if it is worth the money...

[EDIT] For others interested in the amp modelling/cab modelling/effects side of things here's that REALLY compact Korg I mentioned earlier...

awb.jpg

i use a line 6 pod for all my guitar sounds and think it is pretty amazing. never tried the rack one but if you can afford it that is the way to go...xlr in/out etc. downside is you have to buy the footswitch separately which is pricey.

i have tried a beringer vamp and personally thought it was rubbish...didnt sound very good and was tricky to use...the one i tried only had an up/down footswitch making it pretty much impossible to use live.

iain