aberdeen-music

Moshulu rock nights?

rondon

Moshulu continues to be a rock club in some form 3 out of 4 nights a week...

Thursday - Caged: Hard rock and Metal

Friday - Bond*age: Across the board Alternative

Saturday- Air Guitar: Absolute classic rock anthems with no exceptions.

Our new Wednesday night, Flying Circus, is going from stregnth to stregnth since opening four weeks ago. It's completely different to any other weekly event in Aberdeen. The music is a blend of pop, hip hop, dance and rock. Saying it to myself out loud I wonder how the hell Ross pulls it off. Yet pull it of he does (yes, yes, the music) and the night is backed up by varied inflatable games, totally new decor, stage shows and crowd interaction. It's fucking ace, if you'll pardon my french.

and I imagine if wedensday night, by tonight down the rock and injecting student friendly alcohol induced games is a success it pulls more people into the established nights, is that the idea?

I've still to attend on a wednesday, must try it some time. Perhaps this week if I'm off on thursday.

Originally posted by Chris:

and I imagine if wedensday night, by tonight down the rock and injecting student friendly alcohol induced games is a success it pulls more people into the established nights, is that the idea?

I like to think that our nights can generally attract different crowds for different scenes. yeah, we have our regulars across the spectrum, but we certainly have those who'll only come to specific nights. in everything we do now, we try to keep things varied as much as possible.

Originally posted by rainbowprincess:

What delights does the Flying Circus have in store for us next wednesday Flik?

ho ho! you'll just have to find out! But it's yet another inflatable game and hopefully someone will beat Daey Boy in the boat race this time.

Originally posted by Flik:

Moshulu continues to be a rock club in some form 3 out of 4 nights a week...

Thursday - Caged: Hard rock and Metal

Friday - Bond*age: Across the board Alternative

Saturday- Air Guitar: Absolute classic rock anthems with no exceptions.

Our new Wednesday night, Flying Circus, is going from stregnth to stregnth since opening four weeks ago. It's completely different to any other weekly event in Aberdeen. The music is a blend of pop, hip hop, dance and rock. Saying it to myself out loud I wonder how the hell Ross pulls it off. Yet pull it of he does (yes, yes, the music) and the night is backed up by varied inflatable games, totally new decor, stage shows and crowd interaction. It's fucking ace, if you'll pardon my french.

Indeed, Wednesdays are most fun...but if Ross plays Justin fooking Timberlake ONCE more... >grumbles and mutters threats< One the other hand, I bow to his mightiness for playing Sweet Transvestite...made my night :D Does he take requests on wed?

Absolutely. But we are constantly baffled by request makers who, without fail, request something totally inappropriate for the night (see my original post) ie, tool will NEVER be played on a Wednesday, weezer will NEVER be played on a Thursday, pretty much ANYTHING will be played on a Friday and absolutely, possitively, cross my heart and hope to die, fucking Closer by Nine Inch Nails will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be played on a saturday........again.