aberdeen-music

Prince Harry: A Nazi

PrincessHolly

Oh for fucks sake.The whole "offensive" thing this country has going on at the moment is ridiculous. Everyone finds something offensive' date=' and therefore no rational decisions can be based on how "offensive" something is, because it's all so bloody subjective.

Besides, I think anyone who whines about something being "offensive" needs to get some backbone.[/quote']

spot on.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another thing, most idiots are TOLD what to be offended by in the first place. Harry dressing as a Nazi isn't offensive, just as it wasn't offensive when a myriad of comedians/actors/producers had featured a Nazi or two on television. There's no uproar when that happens, is there?

Nope, It's just that some boneheaded Sun journalist is making your decisions for you. Bonehead.

Oh for fucks sake.The whole "offensive" thing this country has going on at the moment is ridiculous. Everyone finds something offensive (Apart from me' date=' it seems) and therefore no rational decisions can be based on how "offensive" something is, because it's all so bloody subjective.

Besides, I think anyone who whines about something being "offensive" needs to get some backbone.[/quote']

But my point is...and you must be able to understand this...unless you dont have an ounce of sesativity in your body, someone doing something that offends someone else has to be pulled up for it...you wouldnt pull your scrotum out on the bus to give it a good scratch would you....everyone is looking at this from their own perspective....concider someone elses point of view not just your own.

Guest haigyman
concider someone elses point of view not just your own.

AAArgh stop saying that' date=' you're just as guilty of that as us.

someone doing something that offends someone else has to be pulled up for it

what if someone gets offended by me dressing up as santa claus...should i be pulled up for that?

But my point is...and you must be able to understand this...unless you dont have an ounce of sesativity in your body' date=' someone doing something that offends someone else has to be pulled up for it...you wouldnt pull your scrotum out on the bus to give it a good scratch would you....everyone is looking at this from their own perspective....concider someone elses point of view not just your own.[/quote']

Well, do you also find it offensive when any "normal" person or a comedian dresses up as a Nazi, or Hitler or any other figure who has killed people/destroyed peoples lives? Or are you just offended at Harry doing it?

Well' date=' do you also find it offensive when any "normal" person or a comedian dresses up as a Nazi, or Hitler or any other figure who has killed people/destroyed peoples lives? Or are you just offended at Harry doing it?[/quote']

What are you talking about? none of it offends me at all, he can spend the rest of his days dressed as adolf himself for all I care....but I can understand how it would offend some people.

What are you talking about? none of it offends me at all' date=' he can spend the rest of his days dressed as adolf himself for all I care....but I can understand how it would offend some people.[/quote']

Yes, I know what you're saying, but what I mean is do you think it would be offensive if other people did that, or do you just think it's offensive because Harry did it?

AAArgh stop saying that' date=' you're just as guilty of that as us.

[/quote']

You're not getting this are you.....its not like I want anyone to see my point of view, as I am not in the least offended by the whole thing.....but some people are and I can understand why and cant understand why you dont and it doesnt look like you ever will....

END!

Yes' date=' I know what you're saying, but what I mean is do you think it would be offensive if other people did that, or do you just think it's offensive because Harry did it?[/quote']

I dont know, and to be frank dont really care, his stupidity was as we all know highlighted by our noble british press, that was inevitable, and i'm amazed that he didnt see it coming.

He must be as thick as shit...

Guest haigyman
You're not getting this are you.....its not like I want anyone to see my point of view' date=' as [b']I am not in the least offended by the whole thing.....but some people are and I can understand why and cant understand why you dont and it doesnt look like you ever will....

END!

i didn't say anything about us getting your point of view, but you certainly aren't taking ours onboard.

I dont know' date=' and to be frank dont really care, his stupidity was as we all know highlighted by our noble british press, that was inevitable, and i'm amazed that he didnt see it coming.

He must be as thick as shit...[/quote']

Well that's the point I was trying to get at...I don't think that Prince Harry wearing a Nazi uniform as a joke is any more offensive than any normal person or comedian wearing one, it was just very stupid and unthoughtful of him to wear one because he is in the public eye so often. Offensive isn't the correct word, idiotic is.

Shitting crikey. This is absurd. You cannot "pull someone up" for offending someone else. Purely because the very nature of being offended is completely and utterly subjective. No-one can either predict or assume what may offend others.

Oh, and I understand why some people were "offended". Here's a recap:

(a) The Sun, in all their journalistic mastery, make all decisions for you, because you're such a gullable bonehead.

(b) Like the rest of the UK, your spinal column is deteriorating into a paste-like substance until the point where you become too lazy and puny to even defend your views, retaliate, or develop your own thought patterns (see 'a').

Being offended is just another way of saying "I'm a fucking pussy and I can't stand up for myself".

Look at it this was... only western Europe and America would actually be offended by a nazi uniform. A lot of the world don't even see world war 2 as being the 'Good allies defending themselves against the evil invading nazis' - they see it as just 2 sides, but killing, both commiting atrocities. Hitler and Churchill were just 2 leaders, not a monster and a saviour.

So, if a large majority of the world don't feel the need to be offended by the nazi party, why should we? History is history - leave it there.

If I turn up to fancy dress wearing my family crest (my family were Irish nobility with a castle long long ago) should someone from a rival family back then be offended?

If I turn up to a fancy dress in 13th century Scotish armour should an englishman be offended?

If I turn up in a Roman Catholic priests gown should the protestants in the room be offended?

If I show up in a 16th century spanish sailors uniform should someone from the navy be offended?

The answer is no. So why the hell should people bo offended by the uniform that a specific army wore at one stage in history?

And kinda back to the topic a bit more apparently the snaps were taken by someone at the party but mostly featured Will. He went to The Sun to see if they'd be interested in buying them, they noticed the couple that feature Harry in his now infamous costume but played it cool and gave the photographer 8,000 or so for the photos.

Now that The Sun owns them they've been charging people waaaay more than that for the right to use them - The Mail apparently paid 50,000 to use the photo the next day and T.V stations have to show The Sun's logo whenever they show the photo. The Sun looks set to make at least 500,000 from the photos.

Puir photo-taking chump.

And kinda back to the topic a bit more apparently the snaps were taken by someone at the party but mostly featured Will. He went to The Sun to see if they'd be interested in buying them' date=' they noticed the couple that feature Harry in his now infamous costume but played it cool and gave the photographer 8,000 or so for the photos.

Now that The Sun owns them they've been charging people waaaay more than that for the right to use them - The Mail apparently paid 50,000 to use the photo the next day and T.V stations have to show The Sun's logo whenever they show the photo. The Sun looks set to make at least 500,000 from the photos.

Puir photo-taking chump.[/quote']

Somebody got Popbitch this morning.