aberdeen-music

Boys at Albyn.

Jenni.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was bound to happen. I mean it's over 15 years now since Gordons became co-ed and it surprises me the others didn't follow suit then. We were the last year not to admit girls in first year Gordons and that was 1988, we had to wait until we were in 5th year before we got girls and then we only got about 6.

Cheers

Stuart

Well they're just going to start with the boys coming up from nursery into primary one, possibly primary two and three if there's much interest. They would have made the whole lower school co-ed if it wasn't for the fact that a lot of parents probably put their daughters there in the first place because it was an all girls school.

It's all supposed to be very promising, more income should mean they can implement some of the improvements we've been asking for for years, but it's all part of a long term plan. What a drama, check the paper for more info, there was a press conference and a'thing.

Oh yeah, and they'll wear little dark grey shorts, grey socks, white shirt, same tie and same blazer. Girls will be allowed to wear white or green shirts.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It was bound to happen. I mean it's over 15 years now since Gordons became co-ed and it surprises me the others didn't follow suit then. We were the last year not to admit girls in first year Gordons and that was 1988' date=' we had to wait until we were in 5th year before we got girls and then we only got about 6.[/quote']

I was there too when Gordon's went co-ed, I was in 3rd year and they admitted girls into 1st, 5th and 6th year. Lot of fucking use that was, either too young or too old. I remember them being snooty as fuck as well, one girl I think got it together with almost every prefect in my year. When it's thin on the ground anyone'll do. Gordon's sucked, it can burn to the ground for all I care.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
more excuse for the girls to cake on more make up and hitch their skirts up higher.

Fucking punk rock. Ye cannae beat it.

*waits for Haigyman to spontaneously combust*

They wanted to merge Albyn and Gordon's a few years back, but both PTAs kicked up a fuss and the governers had to relent. Have to admit I'm glad, they were planning to make many classes single sex which I'd have hated not being used to it.

Albyn going co-ed isn't a surprise though.

What's next, a merger between St Megs and Harlaw?

not really. It would be like St Margarets ate a party suzie full of shit

The contrast between the schools is fairly obvious in many aspects, especially the appearance...and the gender ratio

Guest Tam o' Shantie

what a load of bollocks. take the institution and drain it of charisma, charm, standards...etc.

rich girls + rich boys = 'aberdeen's answer to the OC'

albyn will become a scavenger for failed gordon's kids (is the gordon's 'test' really that hard? I bet there are loads of rich fuckwits there). i wouldn't send my fucking kid to albyn now, it makes me sick.

is the gordon's 'test' really that hard? I bet there are loads of rich fuckwits there.

Gordon's had its share of thick twats when I was there... Mummy and Daddy's money can do alot for some. On the other hand there were alot of kids whose family didn't necessarily have the cash and worked damn hard for their places there.