aberdeen-music

John Peel tribute night(s) @ Blue Lamp

ragudave

Only a rumour, Dave...I was discussing it with Cavern Mike (who IS, I think, DJing), and he suggested I take along my more obscure Dandelion label lps and attempt to DJ, but I don't reckon I could cope (although I might take the albums for him to play). Other than that I'm as clueless as everyone else about the night.....will probably go, though!!

Only a rumour' date=' Dave...I was discussing it with Cavern Mike (who IS, I think, DJing), and he suggested I take along my more obscure Dandelion label lps and attempt to DJ, but I don't reckon I could cope (although I might take the albums for him to play). Other than that I'm as clueless as everyone else about the night.....will probably go, though!![/quote']

As of yesterday Cavern Mike said he was Djing with your records. Amazing how these rumours spread.

On another note Mike wants to do the Ivor Cutler tribute night before he dies. ie Ivor not Mike... I wonder if Mark E Smith would take part?

Dave

Here's all the info -

John Peel Weekender

The Blue Lamp, Gallowgate

Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd January

7:30pm - 2:00am both nights

Entry - 5 at the door - All proceeds to The British Heart Foundation.

D.J.'s playing a variety of Peel - approved music / Peel session tracks. Expect an eclectic mix of tunes from the Orb through Beefheart to Joy Division.

It will be a busy night, so get down early and enjoy the music! The Lamp is reasonably priced booze - wise, so no worries there. There has been no decicated Peel tribute in Aberdeen yet, so come along and salute the Godfather of alternative music.

I've made a poster which I'd like to post in the "Events" forum - Can anyone help me in doing this? It's a JPEG file, under 1MB. Any help in doing this would be appreciated.

Thats because' date=' to be quite honest its a bit too soon & we are still in a state of shock

Watch this space later this year.[/quote']

Yeah, man.

I'm sure whatever you put on will be amazing - but in the meantime, I hope this will suffice and maybe celebrating the great man's life will help put you out of your state of shock. And I think it's getting too LATE for a tribute. It'll have been three months by the time of the event, y'know.

And it's all for a VERY good cause.