the set always seems cluttered now with the small guitar parts etc

there is no passion in the show

when they play the *hits* they are simply going through the motions

used to be the best live band in britian

the set always seems cluttered now with the small guitar parts etc

there is no passion in the show

when they play the *hits* they are simply going through the motions

used to be the best live band in britian

For someone who doesn't like them, the way you wrote that suggests you have still been goin to the last lot of gigs? Yeah? So why go?

I would hardly say they are going through the motions. So what if the songwriting style has changed, are they not allowed to develop as musicians and writers?

Sounds to me like a case of Manics syndrome. They got popular=Can't like them anymore

Guest stuartmaxwell

i think they are a good band, i do like them

however, the live show is rubbish now compared to the earlier shows (imo)

i have seen them heaps of times, still go out of nostalgias sake but they will never be what they were

i think they have become better songwritiers, in remote part was one of the best songs they have done (forgot to follow was the best imo)

manics syndrome?ha ha, the manics used to be great, they got shite=end of, its not about popularity

they are def going through the motions, have you heard love steals us.... its fence radio rock rubbish, over produced. just like half of the remote part (filler)

if you are an avid fan you may be interested to know that i will be selling satan polaroid 7" and chandelier/i want to be a writer 7" when idlewild are in the media eye again

i think they are a good band' date=' i do like them

however, the live show is rubbish now compared to the earlier shows (imo)

i have seen them heaps of times, still go out of nostalgias sake but they will never be what they were

i think they have become better songwritiers, in remote part was one of the best songs they have done (forgot to follow was the best imo)

manics syndrome?ha ha, the manics used to be great, they got shite=end of, its not about popularity

they are def going through the motions, have you heard love steals us.... its fence radio rock rubbish, over produced. just like half of the remote part (filler)

if you are an avid fan you may be interested to know that i will be selling satan polaroid 7" and chandelier/i want to be a writer 7" when idlewild are in the media eye again[/quote']

fair do's min.

Maybe the manics comparison was a bit out. They ARE shite. :up:

Yeah I've heard the new song, albeit only once, and on first listen it sounds like more of the same from The Remote Part. Maybe that's their direction. Who knows.

Wouldn't say I'm an avid fan, but I've been to enough shows to know they still cut it live. Admittedly, the live shows have changed from the early days, but that's what's so good about music and following bands. The development and progression. I know I'd certainly be bored watching Idlewild still doing the same stuff from the early days.

how definite is that?

Going by Roddy's Diary

"We'll see the rest of 2004 out in our practice space outside Edinburgh. Strung up with fairy lights, with pictures of Frankenstein, Dylan and Marilyn Monroe hanging from the walls. Piecing together our 2005, at least how it's going to sound from a stage. In January we're taking a more elaborate (for that read more rehearsed) version of this summer's acoustic Hotel Cafe shows to a handful of small old halls and cute theatres around Britain. For no other reason than collectively, it's hugely enjoyable. Also, it's a good way for fans of our music to hear new compositions the way they were written, before 'Warnings/Promises' arrives on your CD player in all it's noisy ragged glory, at the beginning of March.

For those of you who prefer your Idlewild with a distortion pedal. It'll be back to normal for American and British tours in March and April. A European headline tour is being planned, as well as return trips to Japan (our first since 'Hope is Important' - someone's in for a shock), and Australia."

Safe to assume then March / April for larger venues.........

• 2 weeks later...