aberdeen-music

John Peel tribute night reminder

ragudave

Radio 1 has their John Peel tribute night this evening...

Keep it Peel

The last section looks most interesting IMO. Oh and where are The Fall & Ivor Cutler?

Dave

The schedule for the night will run as follows:

7pm - 8pm

Teenage Dreams So Hard To Beat

Kicking off Peel night, Radio 1 takes a look back at the career of the great man with a one hour documentary celebrating his extraordinary life. The show will feature tributes from The Undertones, Orbital, the Cure, New Order, Supergrass, Robert Plant, Underworld, Siouxsie Sioux and the Buzzcocks.

8pm - 11:30pm

Live music from bands that John championed including the Wedding Present, Nina Nastasia, Hefner, Trencher, Melys, Steveless, Stuart Murdoch (Belle & Sebastian), Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Graham Coxon. And special guests tbc. Steve Lamacq will be introducing the bands and linking it all together. Damon Alban is also a surprise special guest according to Rob Da Bank...

11:30pm - 1am

The DJs take over with sets from Underworld, Hixxy, Coldcut, Sh*tmat, Grooverider, Dave Clarke, Jon E Cash, Alex Paterson plus Dynamite MC on mic duties.

Guest neil ex

Been enjoying the show so far.. Does anyone know what the track was that the guys from Underworld played first (the only one they've played so far i think)? That track was great!

i was just looking at the website' date=' does anyone remember who the band was that played the song before Trencher?[/quote']

it was hefner...

I am listening to it again at work, thanks to the wonderful BBC's "listen again" webcast...

trencher were ace, check the photos, they look feck all like they sound !

I loved the Coldcut mix of tom jones and roots manuva !...

a great night, shame they are only doing it once for old peelie...I can't see that sort of set list lasting all the time on radio 1

Been enjoying the show so far.. Does anyone know what the track was that the guys from Underworld played first (the only one they've played so far i think)? That track was great!

It was a track from the Shit Katapult (sp?) boxset. Yep I liked it as well. I taped 3 hours of that night and it was lovely to hear Shelia as well as old favs such as Dreadzone and the drummer from Misty in Roots doing that lovely intro in 2004,

Dave