aberdeen-music

Who all has splat metal...

CornTYP

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which vocalist is shit?

Originally posted by stripey

Seriously. I am not having a go at you. But I listened to "f*ck you bitch" and "pervy" and frankly I was dissapointed.

but...but...but.... PERVY IS ACE!!!

it so funky! so is the whole album

i absolutly love city of the living dead and beggars street!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which vocalist is shit?

I'd rather compose on a computer than make an EP of some half arsed shit which sounds like a satire made by kids pissing around in a garage.

which is not too disimilar from what you do.

Originally posted by stripey Shit amateur singer, loose instrumentation, poor recording. I get the impression the audience was full of your mates and the applause at the end was a patronising act of sympathy.

i dont want to rain on your insults but micheal is a good singer and if you had happened to have seen his acoustic set at hjb's you would agree. korn is good too, maybe the recording isnt up to standard?

Originally posted by stripey COME ON ABERDEEN, WHERE IS THE QUALITY CONTROL???????????

yes where is it? i thank god its not up to you cause what a piece shit it would be , gigging with one guy and his computer(how bollocks)

The funny thing is all of the music on the HMG Website was recorded LIVE - not in a studio

and then transferred into mp3

'Fuck you bitch' was recorded LIVE at Captain Toms

'Pervy' was recorded LIVE on a min-disc player at a gig (as far as i'm aware) i think it was at Drakes... could be wrong

the A-Z of Farts was recorded on an 8-track but that's just intoxicated sillyness not actually a song (pretty funny tho... tehehee)

All of which were recorded more than a year ago

so really your comments about the recording quality are seriously misguided. Sorry. But it's true

i dont really mind if you like them or not

your listening to list suggests that your into beats rather than bands

so i'm not going to sit here and demand that people buy the EP and love it. Some people have and they do - which is good.

We're happy doing what we're doing

that's all that matters

but come on.. take a deep breath and spread a little Gu in your life

Guest stripey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which vocalist is shit?

Originally posted by Davey Boy

which is not too disimilar from what you do.

i dont want to rain on your insults but micheal is a good singer and if you had happened to have seen his acoustic set at hjb's you would agree. korn is good too, maybe the recording isnt up to standard?

yes where is it? i thank god its not up to you cause what a piece shit it would be , gigging with one guy and his computer(how bollocks)

First off, I don't charge 3 quid a pop for my tunes because i know they are not up to scratch and I'm not arrogant enough to inflict them on people in a club.

No the singer is not good, I've heard 2 of their "live' mp3s one of which was at a gig, and its just awful, especially when he starts "rapping".

The stuff I do isn't intended for "gigging" its meant to be mixed up by a dj you cretin.

My point is the guy asked for opinions, and I am giving mine because I'm sure they want/need something a bit more constructive than 15 year old girls saying "w0000 ItIs coOl I WuB YoU ALL!"

(or maybe not)

*shrug*

(and interestingly, if the tunes on their website are no reflection of the quality of the band, why put them there in the first place?)

It irritates me how a lot of you people feel the need to get all defensive, when all Stripey has done is pass comment on your band, or a band you like.

He didn't flat out say HMG were bollocks, infact his post was filled with constructive criticism. He doesn't have to like HMG. At the same time, he didn't have to spend time telling you exactly what was wrong with the songs he'd heard.

Gah...some people.

:]

Originally posted by Adam Easy Wishes

It irritates me how a lot of you people feel the need to get all defensive, when all Stripey has done is pass comment on your band, or a band you like.

He didn't flat out say HMG were bollocks, infact his post was filled with constructive criticism. He doesn't have to like HMG. At the same time, he didn't have to spend time telling you exactly what was wrong with the songs he'd heard.

Gah...some people.

:]

well i hate to say it but he is wrong

his critisisms are of the vocalists which are to say the least very good in my ears, most other bands ive seen live the vocals are poor.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which vocalist is shit?

First off, I don't charge 3 quid a pop for my tunes because i know they are not up to scratch and I'm not arrogant enough to inflict them on people in a club.

No the singer is not good, I've heard 2 of their "live' mp3s one of which was at a gig, and its just awful, especially when he starts "rapping".

The stuff I do isn't intended for "gigging" its meant to be mixed up by a dj you cretin.

My point is the guy asked for opinions, and I am giving mine because I'm sure they want/need something a bit more constructive than 15 year old girls saying "w0000 ItIs coOl I WuB YoU ALL!"

(or maybe not)

*shrug*

(and interestingly, if the tunes on their website are no reflection of the quality of the band, why put them there in the first place?)

all they had recorded on hand to use?

i wouldnt pay money for your music.

you had to go and call me a name didnt you *cries and runs to mommy*

be a little more constructive with your words then no offence will be taken.

oh yeah and without those 15 year old girls buying those cd's whats the point in releasing them?

Guest stripey

I think I'm perfectly entitled to say that I think the singer is crap, compared to some of the other bands I've heard. If more people were a little more critical then maybe all these bands material might improve.

I'll say what I want and in whatever manner I like, until a moderator takes offence.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

reading this, my advice to hot mangu/rico is to take the old mp3s off the site if they are a poor reflection of the band's new material/ability. About 5 people have basically used the line "but those songs are old and shit quality" in their argument against stripey (who was merely refraining from kissing your ass - it's not a crime) so why don't you put a new track up instead? Surely the old ones can't be doing you any favours if even you guys don't think they're any good. My soundcard's fucked right now anyway so i can't check em out but yeah...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which vocalist is shit?

I'm sure they want/need something a bit more constructive than 15 year old girls saying "w0000 ItIs coOl I WuB YoU ALL!"

if you were referring to me then i say fuck you as i was only doing what you have been doing basically

expressing my opinion

where you are using *ahem* "constructive" critisism, i was merely saying what i like about the album and perhaps the guys from HMG may take my opinions and realise what people like about their work and so they can do more of what people like

:finger:

I think I'm perfectly entitled to say that I think the singer is crap, compared to some of the other bands I've heard. If more people were a little more critical then maybe all these bands material might improve.

I'll say what I want and in whatever manner I like, until a moderator takes offence.

i never said you couldnt have an opinion!!

i said put a little more nicely i.e. "your vocalist lacks a good singing voice" or "he sings out of tune"

just saying he is crap is not helping them improve its is insulting them!!

get off your high horse man.

i never said you couldnt have an opinion!!

i said put a little more nicely i.e. "your vocalist lacks a good singing voice" or "he sings out of tune"

just saying he is crap is not helping them improve its is insulting them!!

get off your high horse man.

*applaudes*

couldnt have said it better

well i hate to say it but he is wrong

his critisisms are of the vocalists which are to say the least very good in my ears, most other bands ive seen live the vocals are poor.

That doesn't make sense. You can't say that his opinion is 'wrong'. If it's what he genuinely thinks, then it's far from wrong.

The only way someone's opinion can be 'wrong', is if they're lying.

Originally posted by Adam Easy Wishes

That doesn't make sense. You can't say that his opinion is 'wrong'. If it's what he genuinely thinks, then it's far from wrong.

The only way someone's opinion can be 'wrong', is if they're lying.

ok fair enough

his opinion is his own, but my opinion is that he is wrong! so it makes sense.

i think the problem was that the boy stripey came onto a post about a record which HMG and released and told them that the work on their website was shit. that's fair enough, it's his own opinion, but the fact of the matter was, this post wasn't about the work on their site, it was about the record which they released. if he doesn't want to buy it, that's entirely up to himself, but why come onto a thread about their record and tell them that the stuff on their website is shit?

it just looks like stripey's come on here to look for an argument which is something which happens all too often with his posts. he makes non-comstructive comments interweaved with constructive comments and then when you point this out, he makes out like you've taken the ball and gone home in a huff. the rocording quality of the work on their website is poo rwhich was a point he made, but as has been pointed out, telling someone that their singer is shit is not constructive.

what would be cnostructive would be to say:

stripey, your posts have been known to contain relevant arguments and valid points, however they are presented in such a way as to make you look arrogant and unnecessarily argumentative, which instantly makes people dislike you and ignore the more useful points you make. by being more careful about the way in which you approach topics and present arguments, perhaps your ideas would be taken on board a little more often.

spoonie

X

Originally posted by Spoonie

i think the problem was that the boy stripey came onto a post about a record which HMG and released and told them that the work on their website was shit. that's fair enough, it's his own opinion, but the fact of the matter was, this post wasn't about the work on their site, it was about the record which they released. if he doesn't want to buy it, that's entirely up to himself, but why come onto a thread about their record and tell them that the stuff on their website is shit?

it just looks like stripey's come on here to look for an argument which is something which happens all too often with his posts. he makes non-comstructive comments interweaved with constructive comments and then when you point this out, he makes out like you've taken the ball and gone home in a huff. the rocording quality of the work on their website is poo rwhich was a point he made, but as has been pointed out, telling someone that their singer is shit is not constructive.

what would be cnostructive would be to say:

stripey, your posts have been known to contain relevant arguments and valid points, however they are presented in such a way as to make you look arrogant and unnecessarily argumentative, which instantly makes people dislike you and ignore the more useful points you make. by being more careful about the way in which you approach topics and present arguments, perhaps your ideas would be taken on board a little more often.

spoonie

X

and amen to that!