aberdeen-music

FEVERDREAM & MONO - for fans of Shellac, Fugazi, Blonde Redhead

Dizzy Storm

after the disappointment of the their van packing up after their first gig of their tour back in june, Feverdream have kept their promise and will be appearing at Drakes on Mon 25th Oct...yay!!!

FEVERDREAM.....on european hardcore label Coalition Records (who have released stuff by The Rites, Malkovich, Wolves, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Das Oath amongst others...) have definate echoes of the DC scene historically (earlier Fugazi) and present (Q and not U). Feverdream are a trio from Rotterdam that play a hook-laden, mesmerizing brand of post-punk that would not sound out of place on the same bill as Karate, Shellac or Fugazi. The cool thing is, although they would compliment those bands nicely, Feverdream are by no means a copycat band

With tours alongside respected indie rock outfits Les Savy Fav and Blonde Redhead in their native Holland under their belt, its hardly surprising when Feverdream's opening slavo on 'Future Directions', '60 Seconds', comes across like something akin to The Van Pelt, or even Blonde Redhead themselves, i.e. a very respectable indie rock outfit. You could go as far as saying hardcore, what with the occasional screaming and jagged guitars... check out www.feverdream.nl

MONO sound Like:The energy of Fugazi, Shellac or At the drive-in and the emotional, melodical side of Unwound, Karate. Other influences range from Led Zep, Black Sab, The Stooges to the eighties hardcore(Black Flag, Bad Brains, everything on Dischord)and indie(Pixies, a lot of Sonic Youth) to Les Savy Fav, Mars Volta, Don Caballero. Dissonant chords, some strange rhythms, without sounding complicated, heartfelt singing. This all caught in raw, melodic rocksongs www.beam.to/mono

with local support from ERIC EUAN & POLITIK this is shaping up to be one hell of a gig!!

MON 25TH OCT

DOORS 8PM

Guest neil ex
cracking line up' date=' i hope there is a goo d corwd[/quote']

what do you mean by a goo d crowd?

is this an in gofones joke that i'm obviously not in on? i'd be well upset if it is stuart....

well FEVERDREAM & MONO were outstanding!!! was a bit worried when folk started leaving after Politik, but everyone still there made it a great atmosphere, one of those real imtimate, special gigs...and i think most folk were blown away who stuck around.

and to top it all off, when the doors were shut and there was only about 6 of us and the dutch bands left, AT NO BIKINI BEACH took to the stage! (Rene & Arnold from Feverdream and Bart from Mono's other band) and it was immense...! totally impromptu! it was like the secret track on a cd!!

it wasnt planned, it was just for laughs...sorry for all of you that missed out :(:D

anyway here's a link to their site instead - you can check out their music there www.atnobikinibeach.com

thanks to Eric Euan and Politik for playing :love:

well FEVERDREAM & MONO were outstanding!!! was a bit worried when folk started leaving after Politik' date=' but everyone still there made it a great atmosphere, one of those real imtimate, special gigs...and i think most folk were blown away who stuck around.

and to top it all off, when the doors were shut and there was only about 6 of us and the dutch bands left, AT NO BIKINI BEACH took to the stage! (Rene & Arnold from Feverdream and Bart from Mono's other band) and it was immense...! totally impromptu! it was like the secret track on a cd!!

it wasnt planned, it was just for laughs...sorry for all of you that missed out :(:D

anyway here's a link to their site instead - you can check out their music there [url']www.atnobikinibeach.com

thanks to Eric Euan and Politik for playing :love:

yeah sorry about some people leaving - last trains/buses/lifts to stonehaven etc..eek

Thanks you for letting Politik play, it was an amazing night!

One of the best line ups

Was an amazing evening.

Politik were a great surprise. Haven't seen them in a long time but they blew me away.

Mono were tremendous, singer had a brilliantly strong voice.

Sadly didn't see Feverdream as had work at 7.30 the next morning but I'm told great things by one of my band mates who got to see them. I will definetely be checking them out again.

On the whole, what a night. Good tunes, good crowd.

Thanks for letting eric euan be part of it. xXx

Yeah it was such a fucking awesome night.

I dont need to comment on politik cause they always blow me (if only i could stop that sentence there!) away.

But Mono and Feverdream were so fucking good, i also enjoyed the intamcy of it all.

Shame i left and didnt get to see the guys doing the other tracks! pissed off now!