aberdeen-music

Best punk/hardcore bands in the UK

kirkt

who are your faves? i think there is so many good bands in the UK right...easily as good as american bands...my faves of recent years includes:

capdown, five knuckle, freaks union, whizzwood, HHH, stand, steel rules die, no comply, fig 4.0, scarper!, captain everything, king prawn, one car pile up, w.o.r.m, tearjerk, swordface, mafia vs ninja, fireapple red, strikeout, no choice, dead pets, k-line, consumed, milloy, bosseye (@ Dr Drakes, 6th november :)), lithium joe, winter in june, homebrew, send more paramedics, charlie don't surf, war against reason...the list is endless!

Guest killamangiro
Yeah that talentless crap is an insult to real punk

Major lables strike again by turning real music into shit

Major labels? hmmm... i think not, blame the kids for buying the cds, going to the shows, not major labels in this case, i mean who'd give em the light of day let alone a five figuire check for that shite they produce?

Major labels? hmmm... i think not' date=' blame the kids for buying the cds, going to the shows, not major labels in this case, i mean who'd give em the light of day let alone a five figuire check for that shite they produce?[/quote']

You do realise that tv is one of the most powerfull forms of brainwashing?

Thats why the major lables pump so much money into them

TV is another reason why america is such a violent nation

Guest killamangiro
You do realise that tv is one of the most powerfull forms of brainwashing?

Thats why the major lables pump so much money into them

TV is another reason why america is such a violent nation

well i never knew that. thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. :rolleyes:

because their music is more appealing to a wider range of people?

FACT

Yeah that is one aspect, it has more mainstream appeal with the sound it puts across and also the fact that these bigger lables have more money to promote their bands with.

I still hate that americanised pop punk tho. all of them sound the same to me.

I find the way they come across musically as very annoying and regard it as a far more kiddy sound.

Guest killamangiro

okay now that's done and dusted, get back on topic, my faves,

Selfish Cunt (modern era Sex Pistols) The Others, The Paddingtons,( got that punk twist going on.), Art Brut & The Rakes

yours?

Guest killamangiro
Spot on.

damn to bring this up again, but take for instance,

who're going to sell more cds Blink182 or Tearjerk? You think all those little kids could put up with the screaming, trashing of guitars compared to the Blink182 toilet humour and harmless melodies? It's as much to do with the music's appeal as the label itself. I'm through.

damn to bring this up again' date=' but take for instance,

who're going to sell more cds Blink182 or Tearjerk? You think all those little kids could put up with the screaming, trashing of guitars compared to the Blink182 toilet humour and harmless melodies? It's as much to do with the music's appeal as the label itself. I'm through.[/quote']

Since when was the market just targeted at kids?

I have so long grown out of that immature sound. I listen to far more serious bands than ever

Guest killamangiro

it's not, but 'kids' are the main target, because theyre most likley to buy the cds as apposed to adults and older generations,

good to see you've grown up, now lets just agree to disagree or something 'cause i see no point in this as it's a never ending debate,