aberdeen-music

Looking to start space/prog/psychadelic rock band

palmer_eldritch

I can't, to be honest, imagine a lot of people looking to play this type of music, but i'd like to give it a shot. This is the type of music im listening to pretty much all the time at the moment and I think it would certainly make a change to hear some space/prog/psychadelic style stuff on the scene, cuz i've never really heard this type of thing going around...

I'm a guitarist and would like to hear from anyone interested in this, regardless of the preferred instrument for now.

Influences include: King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Steve Hillage, Hawkwind, Tool, and Tangerine Dream (mainly their stuff with guitar taking the lead)

This is really just an idea, but i'd really like to give it a shot. Anyone interested PM me or just reply.

Thanks and hope to hear from some of you...

Rory

:up: im a big prog rock fan specially king crimson, rush etc i play bass, guitar, guitar synthesiser not usre if i have much time for this atm not for a few weeks anyway.......

if you want ill probs be up for playing guitar, guitar synth im going away on holiday for a week tommorow so you want be able to contact me then

Ah well its atleast good to hear from another prog fan... he he he

Well i'm also a big fan of Indian music. Raga scales being played in a space rock way sounds totally awesome in my opinion. I have an electric sitar to compliment that idea too so i'd like to be able to use that. If you go to the link i've given and download the mp3 called The Void (from my last band), thats the type of stuff i'm talking about and i'd like to do more of that kind of thing as well as fast energetic prog (in the style of King Crimson i.e. Discipline era, Elephant Talk, thela hun ginjeet, Red era etc)

http://www.angelfire.com/psy/thevoid

Ah well its atleast good to hear from another prog fan... he he he

Well i'm also a big fan of Indian music. Raga scales being played in a space rock way sounds totally awesome in my opinion. I have an electric sitar to compliment that idea too so i'd like to be able to use that. If you go to the link i've given and download the mp3 called The Void (from my last band)' date=' thats the type of stuff i'm talking about and i'd like to do more of that kind of thing as well as fast energetic prog (in the style of King Crimson i.e. Discipline era, Elephant Talk, thela hun ginjeet, Red era etc)

[url']http://www.angelfire.com/psy/thevoid

:o i love king crimson, experimental spacey synth stuff as well. do you use msn messenger? if so add me mole98@gmail.com and we can talk a bit more if you like

fast energetic prog (in the style of King Crimson i.e. Discipline era' date=' Elephant Talk, thela hun ginjeet, Red era etc) [/quote']

I love the Discipline and the other 80's King Crimson stuff (actually I love all King Crimson stuff)! I would of liked to of played in a band like that but I don't think I'd have the time to be in another band. But I hope it all works out as a band like that would be cool.

Well still not heard from ANY drummers. Tho good few guitarists... and one bassist, al of whom i appologise if i havent gotten back to you yet, just been really busy.

If any of you have msn, my email adress is Thesultanofswing86@hotmail.com, so feel free to add me so we can talk more.

Also other instruments are welcome, not just guitars. It'd be really ace to have some keyboards/synth, flute, and brass even...

Hey

Hey Rory, it's Lewis.

I wouldn't b able to b a regular member of ur band but i cud turn up to gigs evrytime im in aberdeen and probably pick up things wothout rehearsing. I cud play any of sevral instruments:

-fretless bass if u need it, even if u have a bassist i can function in the higher ranges of the bass.

-Almost Picolo Bass- i'm planning on fitting extra light picolo strings on my fretted bass and tuning it up a whole octave and then using an octave pedal sometimes. Its good for bass chords and altered tunings. I know u'll appreciate how experimental this is.

-Tabla. I'd would b the only authentic accompaniment to ur sitar when ur doing the indian classical stuff.

-Either my keys or ur micro-korg.

U can speak to me about it in the moorings this sunday.

Cheers.