aberdeen-music

New Staff

Neil

I have now finally decided on who I would like to fill the 3 empty staff positions on aberdeen-music.com. After receiving a huge 26 applications (thanks to you all for applying!) the lucky three are Ross, onlynik and Frosty Jack. I hope you can all welcome them with open arms to their new positions on the web site. :)

Unlike before, all three staff will have full moderation powers over all forums, calendars and the new chat rooms. One of the three staff will also be made responsible for updating the public calendar but this lucky individual has yet to be decided.

And, if you haven't noticed already, the chat rooms have once again returned (see the link on the main navigation bar above). So far, it looks like these are proving to be more popular than the last Java based chat rooms as these should, in theory, be easier to use and connect to. They are Flash based and so should work with most if not all web browsers and through any firewalls that allow web access. So far no regular meetings have been scheduled and added to the calendar so if anyone has any ideas for a regular meeting to take place then please post an announcement in Gigs & Events Announcements forum (http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6) and we will get it added to the public calendar for you.