aberdeen-music

10 Easy Wishes and Broken Sunshine at The Moorings tonight

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Come one, come all and see the rock n roll pop surf blues explosion show and have some fun. Bring your dancing shoes and I think about 3 to get in. Not sure of stage times but be there sort of 8ish/9ish/10ish

have fun!

Pretty good night tonight.

Broken Sunshine - You guys get better everytime i see you. The three way harmonies are superb and will only get better the more yous practise it. Also the new songs are pretty good already. Great show!!!

Grease Monkeys - Hhmm well this was interesting. A Bit of a mix of rock and roll and punk which was quite well done. The female singer definately had a presence on the stage in her own way and some of the songs were pretty good as well.

10 Easy Wishes- Well......you guys are a superb band tight as fuck and good vocaly, but really not my thing at all im afraid. Some of your songs are really catchy but others put me to sleep. Still tho a very impressive performace!!

Was a good night.

Broken Sunshine-Probably the best ive seen them. Their new songs are realyl good especially the one that sounds like Brand New on their first album. Their set was also very tight and found no mistakes aswell. Think they should get rid of the slow song as I think it can wear down a set at times. Nonetheless good set.

Grease Monkey's- Pretty decent. Stripped down punk rock and roll. Amazing guitarist and drummer. I agree with Milner, singer had a good presence and good voice. Was annoyed they carried their set despite knowing they were to be off stage by 11.

This meant I only got to see 10ew play 2 songs. Was a good night though and a great turnout.

Cheers, was a great night, I thought our set went pretty well, could've been better, but the feedback we got and are getting is great so far :) Loved the Grease Monkeys, thought they were ace!

10 Easy Wishes were also pretty good, but I was upset they didnt play the man who sold your house...or that song that has the title like that... Yeh, they should have played it, it probably gets annoying for them cus I think everyone loves it, and they must be getting sick of it, but still, it's one of their best songs.

I've never really understood the whole Man Who Tried To Sell Your House obsession...I don't particularly think it's their best song. But I like it when there's the bass bit in the middle, and JJ says something (on the album thing, this is), that sounds as if it would be amusing...but probably wasn't.

Which reminds me, whoever it was (Tom? JJ?) should do the "way!" bit at the end of The Clinic. Because that is just too hardcore for words.

x

I've never really understood the whole Man Who Tried To Sell Your House obsession...I don't particularly think it's their best song. But I like it when there's the bass bit in the middle' date=' and JJ says something (on the album thing, this is), that sounds as if it would be amusing...but probably wasn't.

Which reminds me, whoever it was (Tom? JJ?) should do the "way!" bit at the end of The Clinic. Because that is just too hardcore for words.

x[/quote']

it was tom i think! damn straight they should do it!

..we still put it in when we sing along.. don't we connie?! :up:

It was flash...lovely guy' date=' likes us a lot, which is ace! Not too sure why he wanted the photo though, we were all kinda confused at that...[/quote']

I'd have thought this would have been obvious:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16375

Scroll down a little...

I thought all 3 bands were first class, and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. It was great seeing Broken Sunshine live again after listening to their CD for the past few weeks. I thought they played really well and it sounded a lot like the CD at times. The Grease Monkeys gave a cracking performance, their musical style really suits the Moorings well. This was the first time I'd heard 10 Easy Wishes... at least the first time I'd heard them play together! I really liked their melodies and harmonies. I too was sorry that they didn't play The Man That sold Your House since I've heard it on a comp CD on our jukebox.

So when can I get my hands on the photo???

Guest Stephanie
whereabouts is the picture' date=' flash???[/quote']

I have a crappy version on my phone... I love to just look at it all night, those thumbs...

10 easy wishes were in the jukebox not sure anymore, but DFTA is definately there, 'cos I heard it on saturday ;)