aberdeen-music

publicity for local bands

purplefrodo

Ok all you local bands who feel you don't get the press publicity you deserve, the aberdeen university student newspaper "the Gaudie" this year is going to try to dedicate at least one story a week on local bands gig/ep reviews. On the side of gigs it will be easy enough for myself to attend the gigs that everyone is hyping up, its gonna be hectic so try not to cry if your gig in your granny's garage is missed out! However, for E.Ps you really do need to send a copy to the Gaudie office with a nice wee cover letter explaining influences etc. and any other bumf you want the student community to know aboot thon band. Also if you take the trouble to send in your E.P please P.M me to arrange an interview time. Remember no publicity is bad publicity, the student community (particularly non-aberdeen based frshers) is a massive area that needs to be tapped. Think of it like there are over 200 people who know nothing about you but could be your next biggest fans.

yours,

Jamie(Gaudie music debt)

This saturday The Videos (formally known as Real Shocks) are playing with aussie synth bleepers 'Cartwheel' along with the nippy M.A.R.T doing his rad solo stuff.

You did follow us around Moshulu one night, Jamie ;) and Gaudie is wonderous...

Edit: At Drakes. Hoozah!

This saturday The Videos (formally known as Real Shocks) are playing with aussie synth bleepers 'Cartwheel' along with the nippy M.A.R.T doing his rad solo stuff.

You did follow us around Moshulu one night' date=' Jamie ;) and Gaudie is wonderous...

Edit: At Drakes. Hoozah![/quote']

Did you bully M.A.R.T into doing the gig then? ;)

And for your information missie you followed me around moshulu...and so did M.A.R.T! scandalous lies i tell thee

actually it was a bit of both....you followed us around then i fell in love with you...from then on you were mine!

also....there is nothing rad about me....i'm just doing this gig because i'm a fucking sell out and doing what the fans want me to. :rolleyes:

i will not remember the lyrics and will probably be a bit pissed off.

come see me forget the lyrics! yay...

the gaudie

i remember last years "efforts"

i believe a klatb member worked on the committee and bigged his band up all year

No no no.... there were THREE members.... not ONE.... pfft.

Did you bully M.A.R.T into doing the gig then? ;)

Naturally.

Nobody can resist my charms. I am the queen of charm after all. Charmy McCharm... yeah.

I dont know the words properly to quiet a few songs... so erm... tonight will be interesting.

We wont be doing the trademark "no gap" set either. Oh the horror. Expect possible delays of 3 seconds.

PS:

Purplefrodo, I follow nobody, you simply follow me EVERYWHERE you filthy swine... I mean I've seen you in Moshulu... and Moshulu... and Moshulu. Fucking disgusting.

:moody: