aberdeen-music

Glorious future of technology or dystopian nightmare?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/22/the-tech-utopia-nobody-wants-why-the-world-nerds-are-creating-will-be-awful

I read that article yesterday and it made me think about a lot of things I thought would be interesting to discuss.

While the tone of the article rubbed me the wrong way in places I broadly agree with the writer, especially when it comes to the Soylent stuff.

Seriously though, I tried a pair of those glasses last year and thought they were shite. No one needs to be constantly connected like that.

I hate this world of constant surveillance, everything is monitored. You go to Disney World and they scan your finger print on entry.

Also, adverts EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I look some cunt is trying to sell me something. JUST FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE.

Folk glued to their phones all the time. Walking down the street with their faces in their phones, apparently it's called dumbwalking...

And you know what else should be worrying you, the militarisation of the police force. What the fuck is that all about? They already have too much power never mind arming the cunts.

[/rant]

• Upvote 1