aberdeen-music

Oz

psydoll

It seems to me that HBO's prison drama Oz isn't as well known as it should be - six seasons of glorious violence and revenge within a maximum security prison. Stars from music and film galore in it and a character turnover that Dot Cotton has nightmares about. Method Man and LL Cool J have been in it and basically it rules. Emotional, violent, touching, brutal. Everything I ever wanted in a TV show. :)

Anyone else that watched or appreciated this glorious show? Marsh! Reply is compulsory :p

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
It seems to me that HBO's prison drama Oz isn't as well known as it should be - six seasons of glorious violence and revenge within a maximum security prison. Stars from music and film galore in it and a character turnover that Dot Cotton has nightmares about. Method Man and LL Cool J have been in it and basically it rules. Emotional' date=' violent, touching, brutal. Everything I ever wanted in a TV show. :)

Anyone else that watched or appreciated this glorious show? Marsh! Reply is compulsory :p[/quote']

Fuckin A! Excellent show. The prison reminded a lot of an Australian prison movie starring Nick Cave called Ghosts Of The Civil Dead albeit Oz is a lot more watchable and less disturbing than Ghosts Of The Civil Dead.

They had that rubbiss guy in Oz that looked a lot like Nick Cave:

Voila!

%7Boption%7D

Evan Seinfeld was Hoyt and one of the more amusing characters in the programme. With any luck I'll have Season 6 by the time I wake up as it's not available to buy here yet as far as I'm aware and I've seen every episode apart from some of the ones in that season :)

Favourite characters? Poet, Adebisi, the O Reily brothers and Ribidaux (sp?) for me at least :)

Ryan O' Riley i think was one of the best characters' date=' Syed(was that his name?) the Muslim fella was pretty cool as well.[/quote']

Kareem Said is pretty cool indeed. The writing for him's a bit erratic though over the seasons at least in my opinion but most main dudes are cool - Said, Redding, Morales, Pancarmo :)

Guest DustyDeviada
It's out on DVD as well.

Yeah, but only region 1, and only seasons 1-3 :moody:

Picked these up recently in the states, but don't have broadband yet, so I can't see the rest.

If anybody has downloaded them to VCD, PM me if you can make me up some copies.

• 3 months later...
Im surprised mairsh hasn't made a cameo on this thread' date=' but im sure it will be forthcomming! Adebisi was the best in the show!! Any tv show that features wanking, brutal prison sex and riots in the opening credits deserves a place in tv history! ...And it has the best theme tune evah!!!![/quote']

We were reminiscing of the Oz/Leeds festival extravaganza of 2002 the other night at Karloff. :D

The theme tune is the greatest. Froot-to-froot-to-froot-frootoot!

Most pleasing as usual sir - the usual fantastic array of tunes from myself and Marsh and Atomgevitter were ACE. Seemingly minor disfunction of a bag of blood led to Ash getting his face/mask covered in said substance. All most amusing. Once again Ant didnae have the effect going on for the start of 'Hurricane Fighter Plane'. Nae sure whit that's all about. They playing again at the start of February with Spike Piledriver and Risactonia. Huzzah!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
They playing again at the start of February with Spike Piledriver and Risactonia. Huzzah!

What the hell are you talking about? Gig? What gig? Nobody tells me a bloody thing!