aberdeen-music

Recording into an Ipad

colb

I'm moving into a new place that's not gonna have the space I have just now to set up amps and mics for recording.

Tried last night to record into my Ipad through my pedal board (I use an Apogee jam into garageband) but just got a horrible racket. Guitar direct is fine but any pedal seems to overload the interface. 

Had a quick look this morning and saw this: http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/ipad-iphone/detail.asp?stock=14020810431332

Any thoughts on how it'll behave with pedals?

I used one of those Irig things, seemed to work quite well. 

Maybe not good enough for what your looking for tho. 

What i've got is pretty similar to an irig - just seems that any pedal in line destroys the signal. I tried ALL of my pedals last night and they all messed up the sound.

Aye a di box might help reduce the level of signal. 

I know it might sound stupid to ask, but are you sure its all set up right? i had an issue with the Irig and garageband where the input was set too high and it ment the guitars just screamed when you tried to record them, took me ages to figure out what was wrong.

Aye a di box might help reduce the level of signal. 

I know it might sound stupid to ask, but are you sure its all set up right? i had an issue with the Irig and garageband where the input was set too high and it ment the guitars just screamed when you tried to record them, took me ages to figure out what was wrong.

I looked at that - even with the input turned all the way down it makes horrible noise. Did take me about an hour to think about it though!! Not a fan of turning guitars down.....

• Upvote 1

Hey Col,

You might want to try putting your pedals through a small mixer then to your I thingie. The mixer will allow you to output the correct level for the Ipad.

Cheers

Dave

(I'm back) :)

Cheers Dave.

Welcome back!

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 1