aberdeen-music

Chinese Gibson swap for tele

meiklejohn

I have a Chinese Gibson Les Paul that I'm thinking of getting rid of. Haven't 100% made up my mind but I'm pretty sure I want to. It's a goldtop that I've added all black too instead of white (like bonamassa) and I fitted it with the Gibson pickups out my 2003 Les Paul classic. I'm not overly sure on its value, i bought it for 250, say another 60 for the pickups then maybe 40 getting it set up and all the black parts. That's ballpark though. I will supply the Chinese original epiphone pickups that came with it.

I'm after a natural/butterscotch/blonde grain effect mexican telecaster, unfortunately that is all I want so I wouldn't go offering any other swaps guys.

Photos:

2dmiek1.jpg

2m7yil0.jpg

2zz5ddy.jpg

If it looks like something your interested in then give me a shout. I'm not lying when I say it sounds awesome.

Haha don't worry, I can see where your coming from. I bought it as a backup for my real Les Paul, turned out I really liked it. I've only read/heard about them. Some people think it's a back door job from epiphone, dodgers making a quick buck with chibsons on the nightshift or something. God knows but they do all seem to have epiphone pickups so you never know. Come try it, borrow it for a rehearsal or something, there really quite good. Don't write it off just because it's Chinese haha

Flights, if you have a problem with pricing can you PM me instead of wrecking this thread. Thanks

I didn't buy the Les Paul new, that's the 2nd hand price, hence why it's not dropping anymore.

Also, I didn't realise you didn't get standard mexican telecasters in natural/butterscotch, apologies.

Anyway, cheers colb I think ill do that. I've used this forum a lot but lately it seems as soon as a thread is made people just swarm it telling you everything they thinks wrong with your add and how they know more than everyone.

If anyone has any questions or wants to straight up buy it or swap with cash there way, pm me and I'll get back to you. Gonna avoid this thread to prevent arguments ;)

Cheers.

Edited by meiklejohn

http://m.gumtree.com/p/guitars/fender-telecaster/1035664505 there is a nice one scott. Be better trying to sell yours and add a little extra. I just got rid of 3 guitars and an amp for 1 guitar and amp plus some extra cash but easiest way to upgrade. Not all chinese stuff is poor. I have the new classic vibe 60s which ia made in china and is pretty sweet.