aberdeen-music

Rush @ SECC

Mouse

Anyone else going to see Rush this Tuesday? It's gonna be fucking ace' date=' 3 hours of excellent entertainment :up:[/quote']

I believe Soundian's going, and i know Fish is going so keep an eye out for him ;) Marillion supported Rush several times in the 80's so he's going to say hello. I can't make it so dsadly i won't be going although have never really managed to get into Rush anyway,

Tho the way the dates are selling, i think they've proved the promoters wrong who have said for the last 12 years that there isn't a market for Rush in the UK,

Cheers

Stuart

I believe Soundian's going' date=' and i know Fish is going so keep an eye out for him ;) Marillion supported Rush several times in the 80's so he's going to say hello. I can't make it so dsadly i won't be going although have never really managed to get into Rush anyway[/quote']

I'll have my camera so hopefully i bump into Fish, although I really won't know what to say! I'm row CC seat 8 or 9 if I remember

I'm just in about 20 minutes ago after driving down and back on my own. The gig was as expected, exceptional! There was flames, an ace video screen, dragons, lasers & we got a killer drum solo from the god of rock drumming Neil Peart too. Set lasted about 3 hours (2 sets with one encore). Never saw Fish sadly. I'm off to bed soon, what a night!

Guest Bob Double Jack

Very good gig - I thought the sound first half was pretty poor, but it improved in the second half. I thought that there was a wee lull in proceedings after the interval, but after the drum solo i thought the rest was top notch. Lighting / etc fantastic.

Did anyone else notice the immense fuck up at the start of Spirit of Radio?

Very good gig - I thought the sound first half was pretty poor' date=' but it improved in the second half. I thought that there was a wee lull in proceedings after the interval, but after the drum solo i thought the rest was top notch. Lighting / etc fantastic.

Did anyone else notice the immense fuck up at the start of Spirit of Radio?[/quote']

Can't remember what exactly, though I do remember hearing something wrong. But yes they did get out of it!

Where were all you guys sitting? I was in block FF seat 7

It was fuckin amazing! It was amusing when they messed up Spirit of Radio, but they recoverved like true pros.

We almost got chucked out for refusing to sit down - Bloody Nazi bouncers who hate seeing folk actually enjoying themselves.

Did anyone else feel the heat from the flames? They were soooooo hot - I thought it might have been a trick, but hell no - real flameage. Incredible.

Unfortunately I was so drunk I cannae mind the whole show, but what I remember was ace. They should leave out the Who covers, though. That was not on.

Amazingly, it was 200 for a leather jacket (which looked utterly revolting) What a rip - off. I bought a dodgy t - shirt outside for a fiver! It's rubbiss as well, but at least it was cheap!

All in all, a classic gig. Glad I saw them, but it did last too long. That drum solo was never ending. You dinnae realise how ace it is seeing punk bands that are on for 30 mins until you are in the 3rd hour of a Rush gig........

We went to the Moorings afterwards - I was so drunk I can't remember a thing - Glorious.