aberdeen-music

Football Heaven

New York Johnny

I've never had an English team either - just can't do it. I had a brief fling with Chelsea when they had John Spencer and that god awful orange/grey shirt and I got a Newcastle shirt with Asprilla on the back coz I thought he was the best player ever, although I never really supported them. My dad has a supporting system that dictates he must pull for any team that contains an American (except goalies because there are too many). He's been a Sheff Wed fan (coby jones), a Torino fan (Alexi Lalas), a Fulham fan (Clint Dempsey) but stopped short of supporting Rangers (Claudio Reyna). I'll have to ask him if he's following Roma nowadays.

My only other team except the Dons has been Feyenoord. Not so much nowadays but when I was younger I had home and away (full) kits for about 4 seasons because my family were making frequent trips to Rotterdam. I still look out for their results.

It was all about Italian Football at my Primary School. I was a Juventus fan because my Grandad told me I was. All my closest mates were Juve fans but some of the older kids were Roma fans. I remember going to a football class thing at the weekend in this top

$T2eC16F,!)EE9s2ufFIdBQbbIZZoJg~~60_35.JPG

and some kid I didn't know starting taking the piss saying, 'That must be a really old top because Newcastle aren't sponsored by Sony anymore'. He didn't have a clue who Juventus were.

I had the away kit to this:

tumblr_m2xfd3VQ8b1r5mz16.jpg

and also a Juve tracksuit and cap. I mostly looked like Juventus had thrown up on me when I was about 11. My Dad kept buying me Juve gear for Xmas and Birthdays. Not sure why, but I loved it. I once put my Juve tracksuit jacket down as a goalpost on the playing fields, and some scummy little cunt from the estate picked it up and tried to run off with it. I chased him down, tripped him up from behind and he smashed his face up on the pavement. I grabbed my gear back and ran away.

j-walter-weatherman.jpg

And that's why you don't steal my clothes.