aberdeen-music

Aberdeen City Council Are Wanting To Build a £20 Million Arena

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker
I don't see the point in this, the council have to keep bailing the AECC out as they can't meet loan repayments, they see the SECC getting their nice new shiny arena and want some of it.

Apparently there are some people that won't play AECC because it is too small.

More than likely they won't play the AECC because it's too far out of the way of Glasgow. It's good they are looking at the situation, but the best way to get really big names to play in Aberdeen is to build the new dons stadium, then you can have the big tours like RHCP, Madonna and Bruce Springsteen.

The SECC can build their arena as they normally have something on every night either in the halls or the Armadillo, Aberdeen struggles to fill Drummonds and the Tunnels on a nightly basis, gigs every night would start off being a novelty, but end up dying on its arse and the bands wouldn't come back due to poor sales and playing to a empty hanger.

Guest Cool Thinker
More than likely they won't play the AECC because it's too far out of the way of Glasgow. It's good they are looking at the situation, but the best way to get really big names to play in Aberdeen is to build the new dons stadium, then you can have the big tours like RHCP, Madonna and Bruce Springsteen.

The SECC can build their arena as they normally have something on every night either in the halls or the Armadillo, Aberdeen struggles to fill Drummonds and the Tunnels on a nightly basis, gigs every night would start off being a novelty, but end up dying on its arse and the bands wouldn't come back due to poor sales and playing to a empty hanger.

What the council don't understand is Aberdeen is too small for a massive stadium even if it had something on every night people don't spend £40 every night to go to gigs. They will end up with a empty stadium does not matter who is playing because population is too small.

Another genius idea from the people who brought you Union Square. Aberdeen doesn't have the road infrastructure for a fucking burger van, let alone a "giant stadium".

I mean what kind of fucking psychopaths decided to build a new shopping centre right next to the ludicrously congested hoors abortion of a road that is Market Street?

Another genius idea from the people who brought you Union Square. Aberdeen doesn't have the road infrastructure for a fucking burger van, let alone a "giant stadium".

I mean what kind of fucking psychopaths decided to build a new shopping centre right next to the ludicrously congested hoors abortion of a road that is Market Street?

It's not in the best of locations admittedly, but it's still been one of the Cities most successful ventures in recent decades and the place is almost always busy.

Unnghh. I'm on the fence there with the Onion Square debate. From a pedestrian point of view it couldn't really be much better. The parking is ample and affordable and as Phil says its nearly always steering. It's also forced Bon Accord to up it's game a bit since Onion Square is pinching all it's trade. Our congested city centre is a fucking arse of a thing but I blame the road layout round from Private Eyes to the Moorings and that whole, awful wee one way bit. The whole area just can't cope with the traffic flow at rush hour. We should be investing this fantasy £20m in some kind of teleportation unit. Or maybe a big road round the city which could remove the need for commuters to go anywhere near Union/Market St.

xx

Guest Cool Thinker

Aberdeen city center is shit it just cannot expand because of the listed buildings it needs to be bigger for demand here a idea demolish everything and start again apart from 1UP.

Unnghh. I'm on the fence there with the Onion Square debate. From a pedestrian point of view it couldn't really be much better. The parking is ample and affordable and as Phil says its nearly always steering. It's also forced Bon Accord to up it's game a bit since Onion Square is pinching all it's trade. Our congested city centre is a fucking arse of a thing but I blame the road layout round from Private Eyes to the Moorings and that whole, awful wee one way bit. The whole area just can't cope with the traffic flow at rush hour. We should be investing this fantasy £20m in some kind of teleportation unit. Or maybe a big road round the city which could remove the need for commuters to go anywhere near Union/Market St.

xx

Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw