aberdeen-music

Ryan Dunn Dead at 34

Guest E.C

Regardless of how you feel about drunk driving (which is still not confirmed at this stage) saying "it was his own fault" or that "he deserved it" seems a little strong.

He had a family, and friends, just like anyone else. I'll agree "tragedy" doesnt suit this situation, but cmon now.

Guest Gladstone

Drink driving is fucking stupid and anyone caught deserves the book thrown at them (regardless if they cause an accident or not), but they don't deserve to die. Fucking hell.

If someone drink driving does kill themselves, they've nobody to blame but themselves, but it doesn't mean they deserve to die.

If this guy was the driver and drink driving, the passenger that got killed probably knew the other guy was drink driving and the tables had probably been turned many times before with him being in the driver seat etc.

Doesn't make it any less of a tragedy because two young people dying is always a tragedy.

I know a guy who killed one of his friends in a car crash whilst he was drink driving. He was a nice guy (don't really know him these days - it was an old school mate) who stupidly got behind the wheel half-pished. By all accounts his group of mates all did it at some point or another but on this occasion a young woman got killed. My old mate went to jail for a couple of years and got his life turned upside down etc. I wouldn't say he deserved to die for it - he deserved to go to prison and he deserved to have his life fucked up by that experience, but neither he nor the young woman deserved to die.

EDIT: and he lives every day with the guilt of killing one of his mates. Probably no consolation to the girl's family, but still...

Drink driving is fucking stupid and anyone caught deserves the book thrown at them (regardless if they cause an accident or not), but they don't deserve to die. Fucking hell.

If someone drink driving does kill themselves, they've nobody to blame but themselves, but it doesn't mean they deserve to die.

If this guy was the driver and drink driving, the passenger that got killed probably knew the other guy was drink driving and the tables had probably been turned many times before with him being in the driver seat etc.

Doesn't make it any less of a tragedy because two young people dying is always a tragedy.

I know a guy who killed one of his friends in a car crash whilst he was drink driving. He was a nice guy (don't really know him these days - it was an old school mate) who stupidly got behind the wheel half-pished. By all accounts his group of mates all did it at some point or another but on this occasion a young woman got killed. My old mate went to jail for a couple of years and got his life turned upside down etc. I wouldn't say he deserved to die for it - he deserved to go to prison and he deserved to have his life fucked up by that experience, but neither he nor the young woman deserved to die.

EDIT: and he lives every day with the guilt of killing one of his mates. Probably no consolation to the girl's family, but still...

I edited my post to say deserved was a little strong, i just couldn't find the words.

"If someone drink driving does kill themselves, they've nobody to blame but themselves" is exactly what I meant. sorry for the confusion!

its not even the drink driving thing im getting at. it was stupid but is anyone really surprised?

he was already charged with drink driving a year or two ago.

i just dont think the level of attention this is getting is deserved considering there are much much more important things going on around the world.

i just dont think the level of attention this is getting is deserved considering there are much much more important things going on around the world.

So fucking what? It's relevant to peoples interests so they'll talk about it. I fucking hate that type of reasoning.

Do you talk about the conflict in Darfur or Libya more than what was on telly last night? Why are you on an internet forum instead of out raising money for charity? Ridiculous.