aberdeen-music

where to find a decent tube amp

EnkaiScreamer

and why is that? they mentioned marshalls countless times, your point?

I think his point is that you asked a slightly odd question but still received considered advice from people with a wealth of experience, advice you then took while pretending said advice was no use.

Read back through your own posts - they're a litany of questions about how to fix/upgrade/mod/improve your gear. If you just listened to the reams of sensible advice you have received from experienced musicians, your next thread might be a link to your music rather than yet another problem with your set up.

I think his point is that you asked a slightly odd question but still received considered advice from people with a wealth of experience, advice you then took while pretending said advice was no use.

Read back through your own posts - they're a litany of questions about how to fix/upgrade/mod/improve your gear. If you just listened to the reams of sensible advice you have received from experienced musicians, your next thread might be a link to your music rather than yet another problem with your set up.

I wouldn't bother, the guys petulant response to a considerable amount of good advice speaks for itself.

There are plenty of occasions on this forum where folks seem to pick on certain forum users (even in a light hearted way) and it's totally unjustified. This, however, is the polar opposite. I can categorically say i would've bullied this guy at school and enjoyed it.

i fail to see a place where i have said that the advice was no use, at what point have i said that i did not want a marshall?

i think this whole post actually proves my point about aberdeen music forum in general. You get the odd guy who is quite nice, then everyone else is a dick, thinking that they know it all, trying to be condescending and saying that their view is the only view...

im thankful for the help that i got, because that is what i was looking for, but Alkaline & co, grow up.

i fail to see a place where i have said that the advice was no use, at what point have i said that i did not want a marshall?

i think this whole post actually proves my point about aberdeen music forum in general. You get the odd guy who is quite nice, then everyone else is a dick, thinking that they know it all, trying to be condescending and saying that their view is the only view...

im thankful for the help that i got, because that is what i was looking for, but Alkaline & co, grow up.

It's more your petulance, attitude and the way you dismiss peoples advice offhand as if you weren't interested in anyone elses opinion in the first place. That's what annoys people about you. I'm sure it's probably youthful arrogance on an internet forum but with you certainly it's continual.

You implied it fairly bluntly with your post about the DSL. "Kind" advice. Nice.

I don't know quite why you have decided that good advice from a number of different and experienced people makes them dicks, and as far as I can see it was only after your DSL post that people (rightly) were a little put out.

You were posting about wanting a tube amp well over a year ago, and at that point you had a budget of 200. Now, a year later, you have added 100 to that, and decided that is some kind of arbitrary limit. If you just listened to the advice that YOU ASKED FOR, you would find that people have a lot more time for you.

Alkaline's post was simply highlighting that the "kind" advice you so sarcastically referenced was suggesting you should buy exactly what you are now planning to.

I actually can't believe you had the audacity to say "kudos to me". I hope that, now you've got your amp (and, I hope, your guitar and pedals, bevelled or otherwise) sorted, your next run of posts will be to do with music rather than Delboy-esque false economies.

• Upvote 1

i think this whole post actually proves my point about aberdeen music forum in general. You get the odd guy who is quite nice, then everyone else is a dick, thinking that they know it all, trying to be condescending and saying that their view is the only view.

A number of people who own valve amplifiers pointed out that bar a heap of luck in the second hand market, your oddly self-imposed tight budget is unworkable. Whereas I appreciate you acknowledging me as a diamond in the rough, you must have a huge chip on your shoulder to think the fine people here were doing anything but talking about sweet amps.

Anyway, write everyone off as a dick and go buy a lemon if you prefer.