aberdeen-music

Catfish (More4 doc)

Soda Jerk

Anyone watch this last night?

I was pretty interested in the advert about it. The premise is basically a photographer who had his photograph painted and sent to him by a small child. He started speaking to her and thanking her, fell in love with her older sister and developed a friendship with her mum through Facebook. Cracks started to show in the stuff he was being told by the family, so he drove about 1,000 miles to confront them.

Conclusion, incase you're planning on watching it...

Turns out it was some mental woman who made the whole family up. Kid wasn't even a painter and the older sister didn't even exist. Guy didn't even kick off about it. He just applauded her imagination and let her do a painting of him. Pussy.

Bit of an anti-climax. I thought they were going to be a family of cannibals or serial killers or something. Seemed a bit premeditated, since his friends started documenting the friendship with the family from the very early stages, which ended up being the film. Why would you do that?

Fuck, I forgot about this, meant to watch it. I was intrigued by the advert though, so I went on Wikipedia and read the plot. May have to find it online.

I did the same, there's one blog going through everything

including the issue of the guy's friends filming from the start etc... and if you look at their own blog, the dates don't match up from their posts and the trip to meet the family.

Fuck, I forgot about this, meant to watch it. I was intrigued by the advert though, so I went on Wikipedia and read the plot. May have to find it online.

It'll be on 4OD I imagine.

There was a shitheap of adverts too. Could have probably filled an hour and 15 mins without it instead of the full 2 hours.

Had a wad of stuff to do last night so couldn't watch this at the normal time, but I tape all the "True Stories" stuff anyway. Will definitely watch this before the end of the week.

Seems to have been one of the more talked about ones they've put one (just from the thread on here and pals on facebook - I don't normally notice much discussion on them, etc.).

I saw it and got really nervous for them on the build up when they get to the town. Empire mag suggested they shot the end early on in the process. With the strength of that they kinda drew out the beginnings. Like added some scenes if you will. If this film was totally honest then we probably wont here of them again. If its fishy then they ll be around again. I enjoyed its intriguing build though.