aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones

Johnny Mac

Its an ok start. I was expecting some bigger sets though. The scenes feel quite enclosed. Maybe i ve been spoilt with all the fantasy specticles in the cinema of late. The dwarf brother though is already a standout. His walking and talking on the way to the wall to the bastard showed hes not just a token oddity in the cast. Jury still out though.

• 4 weeks later...
The age of dumbed down tv? We've never had it so good. There's great tv all over the place.

I was comparing Game of Thrones against what the masses watch. You know the dross: all that reality crap, soaps, ITV news(come on your not saying that hasn't been dumbed down ) Or for the real intellect Trevor Macdonald Investigates. Hey your right there is some great American drama and some great American comedy.With the odd great British comedy.Wheres the decent British drama. We sky plus the likes of Curb Y E, Trueblood that comes on later at night and watch these things when we have time.I would say the good stuff has got better bad the bad stuff has got a whole l,ot worse.

I don't know what the masses watch, I wouldn't go near them.

I assumed you were talking about drama television since the topic was Game of Thrones.

Of course you know what the masses watch: anything that we find moronic

My point was a positive one toward Game of Thrones since the topic was Game of Thrones.

Just watched 8 th episode. Got a say the story is getting really intriguing now. Im trying to figure out who will side with who. The Starks need an ally that may well come from oversees. When will the thyreat from the North come. Before

, during or after these battles. Role on next Monday:popcorn:

what the fuck!

Goffrey is a cunt

Actually, it's Joffrey

:p But yeah he is a cunt. He doesn't get much better either, little prick. Robb's really starting to come into his own as a character. The scene with Maester Aemonn and Jon was done brilliantly, pretty much exactly as it's played out in the book.

Based on how well they staged parts of episode 9, I can't wait to see how they do the final chapter/scene next week.

One more episode of this season. It's been renewed for a second which is good.

Spoilers for last episode:

Basically, Khal Drogo dies, Danaerys burns his body in a traditional funeral pyre. She exacts revenge on the Goat Lady Witch person who killed Drogo by burning her as well. She then walks into the fucking fire (in which she's placed the three dragon eggs btw) and comes out unscathed fucking nursing three freshly hatched dragons. Shit just got real. Booya. Oh, and her son comes out all deformed and dead. It'll make a lot more sense, but essentially the closing scene will be naked danaerys with three new dragons and some dothraki swearing to be her blood riders, because would you disagree with a woman who is unharmed by fire and just brought new dragons into the world? No. You wouldn't.

Spoilers for next season from the second book under the cut.

Theon's a bit of a cunt next season. Peter Dinklage will get a LOT to run with as Tyrion has a great role next season. Arya too. Really looking forward to finding out what she gets up to in the next book, but some arsehole at work spoiled her storyline thus far for me.