aberdeen-music

UTG - Big Picnic, Help/Ideas Needed

chilli

Hi everyone,

we are arranging Big PIcnic No 2 on Sat 11th June 2011 from 1pm to 5pm in UTG Union Terrace Gardens, We are looking for people to take part in the entertainment. We will have a small pa & looking for people to come along & play some music (no drum kits) plus some relevent theatre, poetry, art etc. Pretty open minded about it. Please pm me with ideas & your email address or FB. If people want to busk unplugged thats fine...

Put simply Friends of Union Terrace Gardens wan't the gardens kept as they are with some simple & cost effective improvements, like better access, proper toilet facilities, perhaps a cafe & events/music on in the gardens on a regular basis. These beautiful gardens need no more than this. When asked their opinion about our scheme 98% of people who express an opinion on it think our plans are very sensible & are in favour of them rather than whats being put forward by ACSEF/SIW, which has certainly a long way to run before planning permission is given..

Come along anyhow as we had a great time last last year & we know lots on AbdnMus are behind our campaign which we thank you for.

Mike/IMP

How much is it your charging?

got a leaflet from a guy the other day

think it was 10 for families or businesses, 5 for an adult, 3 for concession?

The PICNIC above is completely FREE FREE to attend, if you can make it just come along

The charges are to join FOUTG so we can print 1000's leaflets, postcards, put on picnics hire PA systems, etc etc etc. We are fighting a small rump of businesses that have millions at their disposal

etails

Friends of Union Terrace Gardens

Friends of Union Terrace Gardens - what can YOU do to help? | Facebook

I've just made my donation/membership payment. Keep up the good work!

I'm away for 3 weeks holiday but plan on coming down and joining in with music as much as possible. Got a few combos that could work, just need to check up on power options for instruments that need amplified a bit. Also pulling together a few tracks with the Brass Cat Juniors in a sort of New Orleans brass band style which is always good outside :)

I've just made my donation/membership payment. Keep up the good work!

I'm away for 3 weeks holiday but plan on coming down and joining in with music as much as possible. Got a few combos that could work, just need to check up on power options for instruments that need amplified a bit. Also pulling together a few tracks with the Brass Cat Juniors in a sort of New Orleans brass band style which is always good outside :)

great stuff, can you clarify if you will be available for this on Sat 11th June....can you pm me

will respond to other enquiries tonight....thanks this is very wonderful the responses already :up:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the idea of the pillow fight, we'll maybe keep that one for a special occasion

sometime ahead???

Also thanks very much to all those who have been in contact about supporting our efforts.

Its quite humbling that people on here have great support for UTG & our plans to ensure

improvement & retention. Its goiung to be quite a speacial event so why not come along

for a while from 1pm on Sat 11th June. Hopefully we will have some decent weather.....:up: