aberdeen-music

T in the Park Line-Up 2011

FOX

I've been twice and have no problems whatsoever. I've always got along well with neighbouring campers and will be going back again this year. I just got back from the launch event in Glasgow. Needless to say, Mr Ellis came across to be genuinely excited about the line up. I think it's the best T has had in a long time.

I've been to TitP plenty of times and always enjoyed it. Sure, it gets very boozy but the atmosphere is generally good and everyone seems to be there to have fun. With the numbers that attend there's bound to be a few dickheads but that would go for any festival. In fact the worst trouble I've ever seen at a festival was a massive ruck at Belladrum, which is very much a family festival.

Will probably give T a miss this year though.

I've only ever been once and it was one of those things which seems like an eternity (not in a good way) at the time but, looking back, it was fantastic. No arseholes, no nothin'.

This year, after examining the lineup, it just looks like they're out to please everyone again, like last year, which meant the acts on offer were fairly dire.

I love T in the Park, this lineup is far better than last year's. I'm excited about Weezer because this year they are doing a Blue Album/Pinkerton tour and I anticipate T in the Park will be part of that. I've never had any problems there and have been going since I was 15.

Yeah, it might be moving in a more "pop" direction but look at the charts now compared to 3 or 4 years ago. There were far more bands in the limelight ie Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight, Killers, The Subways, The Kooks, The Wombats. While I'm going to admit that these bands aren't exactly the most credible artists in the world (I don't even like most of them) it would seem that there isn't really a mainstream market for guitar music just now in comparison to a few years ago.

What I'm essentially trying to say is that it's a mainstream music festival now and it's massive, therefore the organisers need to focus on what is currently popular. But then again, will T in the Park always sell out regardless of the line up? I think it probably would.

Artists like Jimmy Eat World, Weezer and Bright Eyes are great choices.

Wait for the acts on the smaller tents to be announced as I'm sure there'll be a few gems.

So all in all, I'm excited for it and can't wait to go.

Bought my tickets last year. First ever music festival so I'm excited.

A bit underwhelmed by the lineup but when I wrote down the bands I'd actually like to see, I have about 8-10 so that's not so bad. Still looking forward to getting fucked and having a great time with my mate.

Plenty more to come as well, and I'm sure there'll be a few in the tents I'd love to see. DFA1979 anyone?

We ended up not being able to go last year so I bought tickets when they were initially released. So far i'm mighty unimpressed. There's a couple of bands - Eels, Weezer, Coldplay - that I would probably go and see but I probably wouldn't buy the tickets based on the line up.

I was at TITP when Pulp were at the height of their popularity. I went and watched Afghan Whigs in a tent.