aberdeen-music

Feeling nostalgic...

lxr369

...And wanting to listen to the music I grew up with!

Was just wondering if anyone would happen to know where I could listen to, or purchase, these old albums. The 2 I remember and would like to hear again are :-

0% attendance, 100% Punktuality - Quik

Baby can I... -Sirius

I used to own both of these, but moving around the UK so much for the past 8 years, I seem to have misplaced them :-(

Any help is very much appreciated!

LxR

I don't have "Cunts", I'm afraid - I missed out too!

If you could email me mp3s of the cassette or even make me a copy it would be great, though!

I have an acoustic version of 15's Close Enough if that tickles you?

I'm sure Kai could probably furnish you with all of those, and me with "Cunts" at the drop of a text.

Niiice, I'm sure I have some other kind of Sirius CD sitting about somewhere too, will try and dig it out.

Did Supporting Single Mums ever get released in the end? I don't remember.

I don't think it ever did. Kai's come up with the idea of someone putting together a compilation of some of the best tunes to come from Aberdeen bands of the past and making it available for download on Bandcamp or something. As he says, there's been some great songs over the years and it would be great to give them a new lease of life. Kinda like making old NES games avaiable to download on Wii Virtual Console. Whadda ya reckon? Has it got legs?

I'd buy that...
Yeah, definitely has legs. Will perhaps require someone appointed Quality Control Manager, though... :laughing:

So who'd be on it?

If I were QC it would feature Sirius, Psycho A-Go-Go, Black Atom, Liber-8, 10 Easy Wishes, The Rocketeers, The Downroads, Edgar Prais, Stayover, Broken Sunshine, Karloff, Quik...

• Upvote 1

So who'd be on it?

If I were QC it would feature Sirius, Psycho A-Go-Go, Black Atom, Liber-8, 10 Easy Wishes, The Rocketeers, The Downroads, Edgar Prais, Stayover, Broken Sunshine, Karloff, Quik...

My Decaying Leg (if recordings ever existed?), Flight 19, early Needles recordings, Contra, Eddison, Fiction/Action, Nero, We Become Less, Real Shocks, : ( , The Welles ;) and if there was ever some kind of gig Starfall should definitely headline.

My Decaying Leg (if recordings ever existed?)

I still have a 6 track (I believe) My Decaying Leg CD kicking about.

I should have the first Xcerts EP as well. [EDIT: Confirmed - it has 'why do you?', 'bad times', 'had enough' and 'one time too many' (title track) on it]

I will also have the Supporting Single Mums Sirius tracks if anyone cares to remind me which ones those were.