aberdeen-music

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

Paranoid Android

I posted about this in the 2011 albums thread but I decided it deserved a thread of it's own.

First album of the year I've really fallen in love with. I've listened to it about 15 times in the couple of days since I downloaded it

A couple of tracks

YouTube - PJ Harvey - The Words That Maketh Murder

I'd never been that familiar with her work before, aside from a few tracks. I'll be working my way through her back catalog now.

It's a fantastic record, been disappointed with her last couple of albums have to admit but this is a real return to form. Even when her stuff doesn't quite cut it with me, I always respect her for trying something different. But have to say been blown away by 'Let England Shake'. Been a fan of PJ Harvey since the debut album 'Dry' in 1992.

I intend to pick this up, looking forward to giving it a listen.

I'd never been that familiar with her work before, aside from a few tracks. I'll be working my way through her back catalog now.

I recommend "Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea" if you're going through her back catalogue. Tremendous album.

Yeah, 'Stories from the City..' is my favourite PJ Harvey album. Going back through her work I'm finding that 'Uh Huh Her' is much better than I remember it being.

The new album is fantastic on a lot of levels. She tackles the subject matter really well and musically/lyrically the whole thing is probably...well it'll need a few more listens but it might be my favourite album of hers.

To mark the release of 'Let England Shake', PJ Harvey will debut her new album live in a one-off, special show from Paris next Monday February 14th.

The show will be streamed live on Monday night at 8pm GMT by the French music site Deezer - Music on demand, free and unlimited music without download - and the cultural chanel ARTE - www.arteliveweb.com.

The webcast will also be available on the official PJ Harvey site: PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

I watched it as well and found it very enjoyable. I don't have the new album as yet but found quite a few of the songs instantly likeable. A few strange sounding songs but strange as in interesting rather than downright bizarre, may need a few listens though.

Down by the Water was a good way to start the encore and Meet Ze Monsta sounded ace.