aberdeen-music

Do you have a dog? Urgent, please read

Hey guys.

Just a heads up that there's this thing called a parvovirus going around, it's made 8 dogs extremely ill and one has sadly died. If your dog is vomiting or shitting everywhere, stop what you're doing and take them to the vets. You can also get a vaccination from the vet, which is what I'll be doing anyway, just to play it safe.

Bit more about it here.

Dog dies from deadly bug in Aberdeen - Evening Express

kill it with fire.

8 whole dogs and 1 dead? sounds pretty much like evening express sensationalism to me.

kind of like when swine flu hit the headlines.

"3 people worldwide die of swine flu. pandemic declared - bar your doors and windows, stockpile canned goods. prepare for looting."

sorry, it was good of you to post the info but it does seem a tad excessive on the EE's part.

Publishing that 8 dogs have fallen ill and that only one has died isn't exactly sensationalising is it? I didn't see the article, but if they really wanted to sensationalise then perhaps they could have printed that it has a >90% mortality rate in untreated cases.

Anyway, CPV is highly infectious, can be very expensive to treat and usually requires quite a long stay in a vet clinic and treatment with intravenous drugs if it's not caught very early on. Vaccination definitely makes sense.

I didn't say "don't get your dog vaccinated, it's a conspiracy, the vets have had a slow business year"

By all means get your dog looked at but 8 dogs?

Pandemic! Pandemic!

Are you having a laugh? If the disease is infectious then it's a good idea to keep an eye on it, and I'm glad that the Evening's got the word out. Get a grip man.

Well, I don't think it was particularly sensationalist. Better to be safe than sorry. Good thing the EE are covering it. Better to fork out for a vaccination you'll probably not need than have a seriously ill/dying dog on your hands, IMHO.