aberdeen-music

Q&A Forum/Thread

Soda Jerk

A sub-forum or even a sticky thread for all those inane questions you want to ask that don't really deserve their own thread in GenDisc would be quite handy. Stuff like "What time does Bruce Millers close?", "What was that dogshit support band called last night?" or "Where can I buy a deep fried shoulder of mutton in town?" and then the knowledgeable locals can share their wealth of know-how.

Ja?

Stuff like "What time does Bruce Millers close?"

PM Alkaline or phone them

"What was that dogshit support band called last night?"

Could ask the question in the gigs forum or the feedback forum while discussing the rest of the gig

"Where can I buy a deep fried shoulder of mutton in town?"

Dig up the Om nom nom nom thread and post it there.

I don't really think a whole sub-forum would work. Perhaps a single sticky thread but it's not as though there's a lot of these kind of questions clogging up the forum is there?

Or are you suggesting that new users are scared to ask these questions and they'd like a quiet spot on the forum to ask them safely? If so then I'm not sure that's the solution, I'd rather look at why new users are reluctant to post in general.

This isn't an official answer btw, just my thoughts.

There are plenty of changes coming, one of which will be sorting out the number of forums and sub-forums. General opinion is there are just too many just now, and it's not exactly clear what should go where.

So I don't think we need another new sub-forum here, but I will create a sticky within General Discussion for 'Quick Questions', sounds like a decent idea. As long as Mr Shantie doesn't starting screaming "use the fucking phone!" after every post...