aberdeen-music

External Hard Drives

Adam Easy Wishes

Personally I've had a few Seagate ones that have never broken (my current one I've had plugged in constantly for 2 1/2 years and hasn't broken!) so I can recommend them. 40 for a 500GB one on amazon. You can get 1TB hard drives for 50 but sounds like you don't need the extra space! Definitely avoid LaCie, and Western Digital are meant to be quite prone to losing data and failing.

Seagate Expansions 500GB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

EDIT: I just read USB powered...

Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Seems to be the cheapest USB powered one. Never used a buffalo product myself

• Upvote 1

Had an Iomega 250gb one for a year or so with no problems.

To be honest, you are as well just looking at a particular drive you can get for a good price then Googling it. If there have been faults with that model it will be all over the web. Otherwise just buy one, they are all much of a muchness. Make sure you have more than one copy of anything vital, as unfortunately they all go sooner or later.