aberdeen-music

O'Henrys

ragudave

Someone told me that O'Henrys* is closing down soon and becoming something else. Is it going to a new music venue, another themed corporate pub or some more flats ??

Dave

* yes we have all pulled, met some student nurses, danced to the Proclaimers, Sinatra and drank their tasteless lager there

• 2 weeks later...

Not ALL nurses go to the Priory, and when they do go it's normally only cos they're too drunk to know where they're going. If you look around carefully, you never know you might spot some of them at wierd places like Dr Drakes and even Moshulu, but true, they are a rare breed.

Ah the memories of fun in O'Henrys!!

Originally posted by Kora

I don't think there are *Any* Gay clubs now... What with one burning down and another closing. I heard there was a gay bay on Windmill Brae but I never saw one. ;(

There are currently two ... What used to be Oh Henrys and is now called indigo (Which is quite nice actually) and Mint, which used to be Mr G's but that is only gay on a saturday night the rest of the week it is mixed ....

Originally posted by Caldach

There are currently two ... What used to be Oh Henrys and is now called indigo (Which is quite nice actually) and Mint, which used to be Mr G's but that is only gay on a saturday night the rest of the week it is mixed ....

Indigo's good...free entry during the week and if you get there early enough on friday/saturdays...also the drink's are quite well priced too...

I haven't heard great things about Mint to be honest...but I've never been.

Also, the East Nuek bar on King Street is holding an all female disco this halloween, it does that disco thing every now and again.

Originally posted by Kora

I don't think there are *Any* Gay clubs now... What with one burning down and another closing. I heard there was a gay bay on Windmill Brae but I never saw one. ;(

Wasn't it Castro's that burned down? I remember reading the fire-marshall's report. Foul play and arson had been dismissed. Someone had simply left a fag burning.

Originally posted by SteveCrisis

Wasn't it Castro's that burned down? I remember reading the fire-marshall's report. Foul play and arson had been dismissed. Someone had simply left a fag burning.

I remeber the quote in the paper at the time, my girlfriend-at-the-time's dad was basically phoned up by the evening express and he told them a load of vague generic bollocks - which the paper then quoted him as actually having been at the scene, when in fact he was in his nice comfy office..was rather amusing at the time :)