aberdeen-music

Red Dead Redemption

Chris

I've ended up succumbing to purchase of an Xbox 360 yesterday so I can play this game. Not had time to get it going as yet, tonight baby.

What other games are worth a punt for future reference?

Gears of War. The campaign is superb and the graphics still stand out as excellent a few years after it's release. GoW2 is good also, but he original is the best.

I've ended up succumbing to purchase of an Xbox 360 yesterday so I can play this game. Not had time to get it going as yet, tonight baby.

What other games are worth a punt for future reference?

What are some of your favourite games?

I got a lot of value from Fallout 3 and its add-ons.

I totally agree with GoW 1&2. Excellent games. Particularly the story, as I didn't like the multiplayer much.

Fallout 3 you can just get lost in for days. Another excellent one.

GTA IV is also awesome, as to be expected.

Personally I also love the Skate series, had alot of fun with Mirror's Edge despite it being quite short. Get the Orange Box also I rekcon, as Half Life 2 and the episodes with are just mind-blowingly good, as is Portal.

If you like FPS's, Modern Warfare 2 is excellent, as is Bad Company 2 I'm led to believe though I've not picked it up yet.

I totally agree with GoW 1&2. Excellent games. Particularly the story, as I didn't like the multiplayer much.

Fallout 3 you can just get lost in for days. Another excellent one.

GTA IV is also awesome, as to be expected.

Personally I also love the Skate series, had alot of fun with Mirror's Edge despite it being quite short. Get the Orange Box also I rekcon, as Half Life 2 and the episodes with are just mind-blowingly good, as is Portal.

If you like FPS's, Modern Warfare 2 is excellent, as is Bad Company 2 I'm led to believe though I've not picked it up yet.

Mirror's Edge is underrated and cheap as chips now, good game. Not for everybody, but I loved the Cyberpunk design, unique look and pretty experimental gameplay.

Another couple: Batman: Arkham Asylum & Assassian's Creed II were huge surprises last year. Mass Effect II was a good game too.

Mirror's Edge was just a bit short. But I ended up playing through it a fuck load of times. My second play through I managed to do it on hard without shooting a single baddie. Probably the most achievement I've ever felt from getting an achievement.

Some of the speed run times were fucking ridiculous though.

Will probably pick up Red Dead when it comes down towards the 25-30 mark. I've just loaned the new Splinter Cell from my bro and picked up a copy of Hitman Blood Money cheap so I've got them to keep me occupied for just now.

I'd add Batman Arkham Asylum and Dead Space to Teabags list, plus you can pick them both up online for around the 15 mark.

Dead Space in particular is terrifying.

Had a couple of hours at this last night. Pretty good, looks ace. Apparently you can't get jiggy with the prossies at the bar though. I got bored riding about and shot some dude on a path and got immediately minced by a time-travelling posse. I'm a bit out of practice at gaming I think. What's the point of the game, just ride about doing different shit or is there an actual reach the end point?

Had a couple of hours at this last night. Pretty good, looks ace. Apparently you can't get jiggy with the prossies at the bar though. I got bored riding about and shot some dude on a path and got immediately minced by a time-travelling posse. I'm a bit out of practice at gaming I think. What's the point of the game, just ride about doing different shit or is there an actual reach the end point?

If you do the missions indicated by letters on the map (B for Bonnie, M for Marshall Johnston etc) then the storyline is revealed. You should definitely do all of Bonnie's missions first as they teach you the basics and get you kitted out with the necessary weapons and a lasso.

After that you can just do the main storyline missions when you get bored wandering around the map. There are also a load of side missions and challenges. The challenges you can view in the pause menu under Journal and involve things like collecting certain herbs and hunting combinations of animals. Side missions will be given to you by strangers (? on the map) and there are also quick missions given to you by screaming citizens running up to you and asking for help.

If you do the missions indicated by letters on the map (B for Bonnie, M for Marshall Johnston etc) then the storyline is revealed. You should definitely do all of Bonnie's missions first as they teach you the basics and get you kitted out with the necessary weapons and a lasso.

After that you can just do the main storyline missions when you get bored wandering around the map. There are also a load of side missions and challenges. The challenges you can view in the pause menu under Journal and involve things like collecting certain herbs and hunting combinations of animals. Side missions will be given to you by strangers (? on the map) and there are also quick missions given to you by screaming citizens running up to you and asking for help.

SO basically, this game really is just GTA in the Wild West?

It is like GTA but I find the cowboy thing more enjoyable. It has cool Spaghetti Western music going on in the background and everything. I get bored waiting for the dialogue bits to take place so tend to skip them, hence I'm likely missing things.

Bonnie is a twat, beats me at the horse race round the farm every time. I'm rubbish at horse steering though, I keep overshooting and end up f**king about in the undergrowth like George Michael on Hampstead Heath.