aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
delboy

new prodigy single

fookin hell, just hearing it for the first time, it sounds like a mish mash of early 80's electro records, i can hear buffalo girls by malcolm McClaren in the mix but other songs from that period as well.

this is a most refreshing record in a retro kind of way, if you get me drift....

Been playing it in the club for a wee while.... Nobody believe me that it's the Prodigy..

Also can't wait or Yer Man - Good Grief

New TV on The Radio track is a regular player too.

as you can decect ross, i no longer get freebie records or indeed get out that much. its called old age......

its different and i think thats a good thing for the prodigy, sounded like there's some pretty clever sampling going on there. i remember that one off single they did in 2002 (the title eludes me) which sounded like an outtake from 'fat of the land'. this single to me is a bit of progression in a retro kind of way. am i making sense? probably not!

I see where your coming from Del, although its not my cup of tea it does have some catchy moments. Considering I have only heard it once when I was driving maybe I shouldnt be too harsh

it was quite an instant record for me, which makes a change it has to be said. dont like the fact they've spelt girls with a z though, no need for that kind of bad grammer!

i remember that one off single they did in 2002 (the title eludes me) which sounded like an outtake from 'fat of the land'.

Baby's Got A Temper stunk to high heaven.

it was quite an instant record for me' date=' which makes a change it has to be said. dont like the fact they've spelt girls with a z though, no need for that kind of bad grammer![/quote']

Try telling that to Leftfield(Swordz) or the So Solid Crew(Haterz).

I'd maybe tell it to So Solid Crew while wearing a bulletproof vest and hovering overhead in a helicopter while telling them their grammar is really bad via a megaphone