aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
TelecasterSam

Rough Demo Uploaded

Hi all....

Just want some feedback on my first attempt at recording and uploading an mp3 to my myspace....

Its just a backing track of Quo's Rain, with me playing rhythm (in open G) just instrumental, NO vox....

I used my Zoom G2.1u as interface and Cubeace LE...which I still haven't really got to grips with yet....

(may have to reduce the gain a bit or select a more appropriate patch!!)

comments/suggestions?

TelecasterSam on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

If I were you, I'd look at picking up an amp modeller of some sort to get a better/more appropriate tone. A second hand pod would be fine - I still use an ancient Boss GP20 (I think that's the number) for all my demos. There's always Guitar Rig too.

Does your amp have a recording output? If so, you could maybe try that.

As for the music itself, I've no real frame of reference to judge (I know it's the Quo but that's it!). All sounds pretty tight though.

Can't knock that. Just a man rocking the fuck out to some Status Quo... I'm 100 percent behind it.

• Upvote 1

nothing to add other than i like that ... If I walked into a bar and that was playing... i would stay :)

Anybody have any constructive criticisms, tips, opinions, praise or sarky comments ??

Please....I'd be interested to know !

cheers!

Tell you what, these are good! I used to love the Quo when I was younger. This kind of stuff is completely different from what I listen to or usually seek out, but it's done very well. Get yourself a good singer and you'll be on to a winner.

No cynicism here, genuinely enjoyed that. A trip down memory lane, and very tight to boot.

[EDIT] Just realised that the songs aren't all instrumental! [/EDIT]

A man playing Quo in his room, perfect example of all thats right about music, guitar tone is a bit rubbish i think but the playing is very good! Quo are a great band, fantastic live and their stuff is so much fun to play, Caroline is one of my fav songs for playing live with my covers band. good stuff!

Beautiful! You cant beat good old fashioned blues. Solos fit the feel of the backing tracks as well. I'd enjoy sitting with a pint watching this.

Sounds good Sam - my fave Quo song!

You'll need to come over to my studio some time and we can blast it out through some REAL amps!

• Upvote 1

Sounds good Sam - my fave Quo song!

You'll need to come over to my studio some time and we can blast it out through some REAL amps!

I'll take you up on that Paul .... anytime your free :)