aberdeen-music

Shake-A-Mania

Lemonade

Long shot, but does anyone happen to have their phone number, or know their opening hours? They don't seem to have a website, or be in any of the online directories, or even on Yell.com. The only google result that comes up is Facebook! And you have to be friends with them before you can view their profile. Interesting way to do business....

I went in on my way home last night and they are open till 8.

Has anyone actually had the milkshakes? They are pretty ace. I've tried so far, custard flavour, Milky Way flavour, Mint Poppet flavour, and Jaffa Cake flavour. To the untrained eye they appear to be struggling a bit, seeing as how the shop is always empty and they have slashed their prices, hope they make a go of it, it's nice to have something different on Union Street instead of another Starbucks.

• Upvote 1

What the hell is this place? Where is it?

I want I want I want

Me me me

Now now now

I watched Hook the other day.

It's on Union Street near the Holburn Junction.

Basically they have a big shelf full of chocolate, sweets, biscuits, cakes, cereals, jams, etc etc. You tell them what you want, and they bang the bastard in a Blendtek (see - Will It Blend?) with two scoops of ice cream and a pint of milk, and 2 minutes ater you walk out with a Terry's Chocolate Orange / Toffe Crisp / bourbon cream / jam doughnut / apple pie / Frosties flavoured milkshake.

Excellent. I've only ever seen one place like that. It was in York. I had a Milky Bar one. They said I could pick 2 more flavours to go in. I told them just Milky Bar. It was superb.

Candy Shack on George St does something similar, but its not as good, with not as much to choose from. They made me a white chocolate one from cheap white mice, so it was kinda gash.

There's a milkshake chain that you see in shopping centres down in the south of England. I forget the name but remember it has an odd colour scheme. I went to the one in southampton and it was stowed out the door with young rudies and rudettes. I always thought such a thing would do alright in Aberdeen. Sometimes I'm not too hugnry and not too thirsty and a good milkshake is exactly what I want.

EDIT: just googled shakeaway, it's the same chain.

DOUBLE EDIT: You're talking about shake-a-mania, ignore last edit, except for the fact that it is the name of the chain I'm talking about.

you know what I fucking hate?,mcdonalds milkshakes, its not a milkshake its fucking ice cream.CUNTS.

I actually think this is why I dont eat their over any single reason (manky folk who work/populate them,mad cow diesease,etc)

shame this place is the opposite end of town from me

McDonalds milkshakes are ridiculous. I had one recently and it took me about 20 minutes to eat it. And yes I do mean eat it, because it was so thick it wouldn't go through the straw. I had to take the lid off and tip it into my mouth, and then actually chew it.

You shouldn't have to chew a milkshake.

I think its for the best we don't have a Krispy Kreme or an IHOP. Saving such treats for city breaks means we don't turn into MASSIVE FAT CUNTS!

Krispy Kreme's are stupidly good though.

Yeah, suppose we should just have to make do with all those Fish and Chip shops and Chinese take aways... that also double as Fish and Chip shops.

Seriously though, If we are to go down the capitalist whore route like America and have fast food chains everywhere, I'd prefer to have a huge choice. I'd cut the number of mcdonalds by half at least and put up wendy's and taco bells, etc in their place. Wouldnt change that much.

I've never had an IHOP :(

Where's the nearest one? Do they even have them in Britain?

I highly doubt it. I remember coming back from the States when I was a kid thinking that Subway was the best food related thing ever... a few years later they were everywhere in the UK. So I've still got hope. Saying that, Pancakes wouldnt catch on here. :down: