aberdeen-music

Super Six Funk Machine First Track

FatHand

Just uploaded the first track we recorded at musical vision last Sunday, it's live recording so a bit more jammy than if we were taking more time but I kind of like the feel. I'm not a master mixer but did the best I know how! Hope you like it... it's called Dance Til You Drop Out.

Super Six Funk Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

There will be more to come soon, the other one we recorded was a 12 minute epic which is requiring a lot more work than I have put in so far and I may split it up into smaller chunks.

Thoughts are welcome.

We hope that if you like it you will come along to one of our shows :)

tried thrice, can't hear shit. get it sorted eh.

I just tried and no problemo, try again and if you get nothing I'll send you a copy.

*Edit* Lately, probably since the 10 track limit was introduced, I have had issues with myspace not playing first few tries.

I just tried and no problemo, try again and if you get nothing I'll send you a copy.

*Edit* Lately, probably since the 10 track limit was introduced, I have had issues with myspace not playing first few tries.

same problem, or it plays for about 30seconds and skips to the next song

but the song is definately funky ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I've just put up a second track on myspace.

Anyone know of an alternative to myspace for displaying music but getting a better quality? The track I put up is 12 minutes long, spent a long time mixing it and getting it sounding nice only to put it on myspace and it sounding shite cause you only have 10MB. The more annoying thing is the 10MB MP3 didn't actually sound that bad on my computer but putting it on myspace nocked about half the clarity out of it.

Anyway, new track up for your enjoyment.

EDIT * just had a listen back and it doesn't sound a terrible as I thought it did last night, think it was ear fatigue syndrom... *

Myspace compress files themselves, which makes them sound shit,i put my tunes up with 96kbps files.Seems to work better:up:

Cheers!! I just stayed up a little too late last night and I was feeling a little grumpy ha ha. You going to manage along to the Belleruche tomorrow night man?

yeah man,working late so i'll try and check it after i yammed some food!

Sweet!!

I will get you guys along for a gig by the way... I haven't been shunning you or trying to create any sort of rivalry or anything like that, just thought you'd stopped doing it from chatting to you guys at various points. So I may have something pretty good coming up that would be pretty cool for you guys to do. Actually a few ideas in the pipeline that may be of interest :)

Guest droid

Hey man,i didn't think that.You know what those cats are like,the gig before last was the night before my wedding 9 months previous........hahaha:music:

Hey man,i didn't think that.You know what those cats are like,the gig before last was the night before my wedding 9 months previous........hahaha:music:

I'm thinking of setting up a Funk Machine night in Edinburgh possibly every couple of months, so if you guys are up for it we could try and get a trip down there at some point. I'll do a couple of testers first to see what kind of cash can be made ... it's a lot of people to get down there if there isn't much money to be had (I think we'd corner the market down there though ... your deep funk and our party funk)

Also got some acts coming up that you might enjoy playing with. I'll let you know once I firm things up!

I've just put up a second track on myspace.

Anyone know of an alternative to myspace for displaying music but getting a better quality? The track I put up is 12 minutes long, spent a long time mixing it and getting it sounding nice only to put it on myspace and it sounding shite cause you only have 10MB. The more annoying thing is the 10MB MP3 didn't actually sound that bad on my computer but putting it on myspace nocked about half the clarity out of it.

Anyway, new track up for your enjoyment.

EDIT * just had a listen back and it doesn't sound a terrible as I thought it did last night, think it was ear fatigue syndrom... *

I don't suppose there would be any chance you could email me the high quality MP3s could you? I am not too bothered about the file sizes. :)

I don't suppose there would be any chance you could email me the high quality MP3s could you? I am not too bothered about the file sizes. :)

Aye nae bother!! Will do it when I get home from work.

Any thoughts from anyone? I'm aware that it is a 12 minute track but think it's justified. We did it in one take so there are a few ropey bits and pieces but all in all a nice sound I think and displays the energy we put into our performances.

Cheers for listening!

• 4 weeks later...

So anybody given this a listen? Thoughts??? Other than my not so pro mixing job, I like it and impressed with ourselves doing it basically in one take (pretty tiring song to have to play over and over!!).

We're currently writing new material, for those of you who come along to our shows religiously (:up:) you'll probably be please to hear this! There will be at least one new track being played on 14th Aug gig.

Once this is done and we've aired all the tracks we'll be putting on a show of just us along with funk'n soul DJ in preparation for taking the show on the road.

That track is absolutely bitching! Be cool to hear some more

Nice one! Thanks for that... at the moment if you want to hear more you'll have to come and watch us... 14th aug tunnel 2.

There is actually another track that I took off the site as i wasn't 100% happy with the sound, I'll get it back up once I've made some time to sort it.

Once we've written the new batch of songs we're going into the studio to record the best ones. Also need to save up the pennies as we want to go all out with quality if we can afford it. Looking at probably November for this... maybe get some more live demos like this done though, total value for money - 2 tracks 60 plus a bit of my time mixing it all down (Musical Vision)

Guest droid
Nice one! Thanks for that... at the moment if you want to hear more you'll have to come and watch us... 14th aug tunnel 2.

There is actually another track that I took off the site as i wasn't 100% happy with the sound, I'll get it back up once I've made some time to sort it.

Once we've written the new batch of songs we're going into the studio to record the best ones. Also need to save up the pennies as we want to go all out with quality if we can afford it. Looking at probably November for this... maybe get some more live demos like this done though, total value for money - 2 tracks 60 plus a bit of my time mixing it all down (Musical Vision)

Dude sorry you didn't make it last nite....it was FONKY...lol Why don't you record your drum tracks at the vish then do the rest at home on your pc?

Dude sorry you didn't make it last nite....it was FONKY...lol Why don't you record your drum tracks at the vish then do the rest at home on your pc?

Yeah man sorry about that. It was my mates birthday, we were planning it but it got too late for me to come down with work today :(

We'll probably do the vision recording again to make sure we know exactly what we're doing before we spend a lot of money on something more extravagant. Was really not expensive at all getting Andy to do it so probably a good exercise.

We'll all come to your next funk night man. I'll take my sax :)

Guest droid

No worries,you can make master quality recordings at home these days on cubase,pro tools or logic.The biggest headache is drums,i use addictive drums....awesome,but it aint exactly a live drummer[lol] The next jam is the 30th,it's not funk,more funky jazz[a bit like Kef] come down!:up:

No worries,you can make master quality recordings at home these days on cubase,pro tools or logic.The biggest headache is drums,i use addictive drums....awesome,but it aint exactly a live drummer[lol] The next jam is the 30th,it's not funk,more funky jazz[a bit like Kef] come down!:up:

I've heard some addictive drum tracks, Ross actually used it to programme drums for a track we were working on a while ago and I thought they sounded as close to the real thing as I've heard.

Kef style sounds good man. See you then!

Hey dude, just had a listen...

Liking it, your Ewan is a nutter, and some cool sax lines in there too ;)

Hopefully get a chance to see you guys live in August!

Hey man, thanks for taking a listen! Yeah Ewans got some serious funk in him, it's great to play with. Hope you can make the August show, we'll have some new material ready for then too.