aberdeen-music

'Papercuts and Lime' Launch Gig

jester1470

Jo McCafferty: 'Papercuts and Lime' Launch Gig

I'm pleased to announce that Jo McCafferty will be holding a launch gig for her new album 'Papercuts and Lime' on Sunday the 4th July at Dr Drakes . The gig will be a free show.

The support for the evening will be Emma Forman, and for anyone who hasn't heard her you're in for a real treat.

Jo will be playing a full set and the album will be available 1 day before official release, we will also have the CD Version of Nothing Whispered to Katy and Games for One available. There will also be new 'Papercuts and Lime' T-shirts available at the show.

It should be a special night and with 'Papercuts and Lime' already getting a lot of interest from radio stations and magazines, this is a great chance to hear some of the tracks live.

Hope to see you there, should be a rgeta night, 2 of the best acoustic artists out there...

Cheers

Stuart

Guest RockMonkey

That could be good, have you got "I've got a brand new combine harvester"? I have a few tracks I'd like to include on cd if that would be ok. I could pay you some beer money...

Guest RockMonkey

Excellent stuff! I shall dig out my cd collection, wipe off the dust and see what I've got...I think I even have some Manfred Mann and possibly even the Incredible String band! (i am of course, joking... i do want people to come honest!)

jo

x

Guest RockMonkey

Good lord, two ISB albums in Aberdeen? It's practically a movement! I reckon between us we could dig out a collection of truly awful music. Perhaps for a different gig though!

Guest RockMonkey

hehehehe i have a great idea. we should do a night in drakes of the top 300 truly dreadful songs of all time. we could run a poll to help. although i can already think of quite a few!

Guest RockMonkey

Oh Lordy I didn't something like that coud possibly exist! I'm sure we could rally troops to hunt such atrocities down! We could have a voting poll on the night and whatever comes out as the worst record could be destroyed in an interesting way...

Guest RockMonkey
*changes mind about attending* :p

Panic Not, we'll definitely leave the Truly Awful Records of all Time Special (ooh that's a great acronym... TARTS!) to another night! Please come, I promise to leave the Incredible String Band at home!

Guest RockMonkey

Well it is free, also if people are in a buying mood there are more albums technically being launched. Nothing Whispered to Katy (my first album now on cd) - if you want true teen angst get that, (plase be kind, I was young, i needed the money!) Games for One, which has some stuff that isn't acoustic and stuff that is. I'm doing a 3 for 20 deal and the other 2 albums are a 5 each just for the launch night. If they're not in a buying mood, it'll be a good laugh anyway, specially if I get pissed and fall off the stage...

Oh Lordy I didn't something like that coud possibly exist! I'm sure we could rally troops to hunt such atrocities down! We could have a voting poll on the night and whatever comes out as the worst record could be destroyed in an interesting way...

whatever you want you got!

tis your gig after all!

Guest RockMonkey

Ooh yes now he's right up there with the truly awful! Have you seen the music video that goes with rocketman?

Looks like we'll definitely have to do a night for this over summer, just the oneoff though, i don't think I could cope with anything more than that!

hows u?