aberdeen-music

Fashing

DJ Jo-D

Anyone here do a spot of Fishing? Preference in style of fishing and where to go ?

Took it up last year and altho never caught bugger all really enjoyed it, normal bait fishing (haven't tried Fly yet)

Went to Loch Earn last year for a weekend camping & fishing and was amazed at how many people all ages & sexes are into it. It was like a mass fishing festival round the loch :)

Also anyone got good websites for fishing gear?

Oh and Robson's Extreme fishing how great is that program!!

I'm no expert, but I've been fishing with my dad since I was a wee nipper. I do a bit of fly fishing with him when the rare opportunity arises, and also sometimes some sea fishing, be it off a beach or pier. I prefer fly fishing because you're always casting and pulling line in and, I don't know why, but it's somehow more exciting reeling in a trout in fresh water to me.

My most recent experiences of sea fishing have all been miserable freezing cold nights down at the beach at Inverbervie. Having said that the past two years I've been to Skye and took a small rod with a "spinner" lure and just did some spinning of some piers. It's a lot of fun if you get the right time of evening and hit a schoal of mackerel. If you've not been fishing before Dave that's what I recommend you do when you're on the west coast. Unfortunately sunny days aren't the best for fishing. The fish are bolder when it's overcast because they feel like they have a safe roof over their head or something.

On another note, perhaps this thread could have had a less confusing name. I expected it to be about John Fashanu.

ha ha true with the name, but I alwasy think of Galloway's Deep Sea Fashing...

Dam missed Robson last night, might be able to view on-line perhaps

I bought a rod on-line and it's ace (it's name is Wodawick), came with a box, fly's, spinners, hooks, floats etc, good wee starter pack for me. Going to try fly fishing next, my friends have a rods, so I might give it a bash!

Need to get myself some decent waders, my titp wellies just don't cut the mustard!

• 2 weeks later...