aberdeen-music

Anyone going to Bloodstock...?

keeno

As title suggests... I really want to go this year but I don't know anyone else up here who does. Don't fancy heading down on my own either!

Line up is Here. Still looks good even if Wintersun pulled out :( I had tickets to Damnation last November but had to pull out due to an exam at uni so desperate to see Carcass this year.

The lineup still isn't complete from what I know so it may get better 8-) Tickets are only 100 so it is better than Download in almost every way conceivable! Wish I had got a ticket in the presale when they were 85 but it's the whole thing about uncertainty and don't want to have to sell tickets for a loss like Damnation if I can't make it or find anyone to go with.

I bought my ticket at the end of last year.

I went the last two years. Two years a go I went by myself as I didn't know anyone who was going and met up with some people I spoke to on internet before then. Know quite a lot of people who went by themselves and none of them had any trouble. Very friendly festival.

My suggestion is. Go onto the forum and post on the 'introduce me' and 'msn/facebook/irc' threads etc. and you will probably make a few friends and get better sort of idea of what it is like.

I bought my ticket at the end of last year.

I went the last two years. Two years a go I went by myself as I didn't know anyone who was going and met up with some people I spoke to on internet before then. Know quite a lot of people who went by themselves and none of them had any trouble. Very friendly festival.

My suggestion is. Go onto the forum and post on the 'introduce me' and 'msn/facebook/irc' threads etc. and you will probably make a few friends and get better sort of idea of what it is like.

Thanks. May well just do that. Still doesn't solve the problem of getting to derby alone etc. Don't fancy taking a tent and stuff for a weekend by bus/ train. Need to find a way of getting a lift or someone I can meet on journey down...

Mike (Norseman on forum) went the last two years and I believe he is driving again. Either way, might be worth sending him a message and see what he has to say.

You can take a fairly minimal amount of stuff, which isn't too bad for train.

Most people who go by train go to Birmingham New Street Station then to Lichfield City Station then get shuttle bus but last year there were shuttle buses from Derby station also.

Other option to look at is flying to Derby or Birmingham. You can get a train from Birmingham Interional Airport to Birmingham New Street then another train to Lichfield City Station then shuttle bus or taxi.