aberdeen-music

The 5 6 7 8's

Guest scott cs.

Guest scott cs.

anyone got info on this band?

their playing the Carling weekend and all i know is their a band made of Japenese girls, but i am intrigued, so any info would be most delightful.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

lo-fi garage rock band. they had a song called woo-hoo on the kill bill soundtrack and were in the movie too apparently, though i haven't seen it. and it's 'they're'

Oh my goodness...... I'm quite upset about this band, the who-hoo song has got to be the most textbook riff/song ever, it's the very first 'song' i learnt to play on guitar; made infinately times worse by the fact that it has no real lyrics... just "Woo Hoo - ooo ooo ooo" throughout the entire song. To me they just seem like a really bad band that are genuinely predictable....

'Asian Kung-Fu Generation' - There's a japanese punk/rock band you should be checking out, don't waste your time with the 5,6,7,8 tripe.

Onion Terror

Oh my goodness...... I'm quite upset about this band' date=' the who-hoo song has got to be the most textbook riff/song ever, it's the very first 'song' i learnt to play on guitar; made infinately times worse by the fact that it has no real lyrics... just "Woo Hoo - ooo ooo ooo" throughout the entire song. To me they just seem like a really bad band that are genuinely predictable....

[/quote']

You say that like those are bad things...which is rich coming from a pop-punk fan, the most formulaic genre ever.

'Asian Kung-Fu Generation' - There's a japanese punk/rock band you should be checking out, don't waste your time with the 5,6,7,8 tripe.

Silence. Guitar Wolf are the only band.

You say that like those are bad things...which is rich coming from a pop-punk fan' date=' the most formulaic genre ever.[/quote']

It took me about a year to learn how to properly play Bar chords, and 2 weeks to play the token 8 Bar blues that the song is based on; And pop-punk's good, but it's not my raison detre. ;) The only reason the 5,6,7,8's came to light was because Mr Tarantino made them 'cool'...

Onion Terror

It took me about a year to learn how to properly play Bar chords' date=' and 2 weeks to play the token 8 Bar blues that the song is based on; And pop-punk's good, but it's not my raison detre. ;) [/quote']

What is your point here? Pop-punk is more difficult to play on guitar than lo-fi Japanese Garage. Well, it probably is. I was argueing that you described the song as 'textbook', which is a little hypocritical coming from someone who (at least) likes pop-punk, a genre that is equally, if not more, formulaic.

The only reason the 5,6,7,8's came to light was because Mr Tarantino made them 'cool'...

Bollocks. Thery existed as a reasonably successful band in their genre before Kill Bill.

What is your point here? Pop-punk is more difficult to play on guitar than lo-fi Japanese Garage. Well' date=' it probably is. I was argueing that you described the song as 'textbook', which is a little hypocritical coming from someone who (at least) likes pop-punk, a genre that is equally, if not more, formulaic.

Bollocks. Thery existed as a reasonably successful band in their genre before Kill Bill.[/quote']

Yea, successful in Japan, but i bet 99% of people that know them over here now, had never heard of them before Kill Bill was released. it's the same as the guy Tomoyasu Hotei that did the main theme tune for the film, i've read that he's the BIGGEST SELLING guitarist of all-time just from his sales from the far east. Again i'm not questioning their success at home, but we wouldn't be talking about them just now if they hadn't been in Kill Bill....

The point about being predictable and textbook, were you insulted when they released the fast food song? or when they released the witchdoctor song? Those songs were memorised by children the world over, and to make an actual song out of it.... well - it's pretty pathetic. The 'Whoo-Hoo' song is the same for me, it was the very first song i learnt under the title '8 Bar Blues', so to me, it's pretty pathetic that they've used to to make a proper song...

Onion Terror

anyone got info on this band?

their playing the Carling weekend and all i know is their a band made of Japenese girls' date=' but i am intrigued, so any info would be most delightful.[/quote']

Aye Tarantino heard a track of theirs in a Japanese shop and they got a track on KBill and became more popular outside Japan. Now what ever happened to Shonen Knife ?

Dave